2008 East Coast Summit is TODAY

Comments

30 comments posted
CDX convention

-__-;

(*sniff*, feels left out...)

CollectionDX Staff

EVA_Unit_4A's picture
Posted by EVA_Unit_4A on 1 July, 2008 - 17:52
Oh, sure- it's not like

Oh, sure- it's not like I'm just getting in a car and driving a few miles... :-(

A bit harsh, Atom.
CollectionDX Staff

EVA_Unit_4A's picture
Posted by EVA_Unit_4A on 1 July, 2008 - 21:58
Flying to the Summit

Yep, you wouldn't be the first to arrive via plane, if you did come. With that said, I haven't looked at domestic flights lately, but last night I was kicking the tires on another trip to Japan and the taxes alone were nearly $600. That's not a typo. $600!! I'm pretty sure it was in the $250 range last time I went. So it looks like flight is expensive these days (and I will not be flying to Japan anytime soon.)

I will be at the Summit, though, for sure and hope to see some new faces this year, as well as get re-acquainted with the old ones. Not sure what I'll be bringing for trade/sale this year. It could be nothing, or it could be every single one of my modern gokins. I'm quite undecided about my collecting future when it comes to that stuff lately.

NekroDave's picture
Posted by NekroDave on 2 July, 2008 - 14:47
Looks Cool!

Too bad I'm thousands miles away. Maybe I could host my own summit here.

Berserk's picture
Posted by Berserk on 2 July, 2008 - 07:40
Hotels and Airports

Josh,

What would be the nearest hotel and what airport should I fly into?

I'm going to check if I could fly out there to meet up with everyone.

Thanks!
LF

We'll fight them on the Beaches!

Showapop's picture
Posted by Showapop on 2 July, 2008 - 11:29
There are three airports you

There are three airports you could fly into nearby. Logan International in Boston is the biggest, followed by Manchester-Boston international (in New Hampshire actually), is also close. Closest is Hanscom in Bedford, but it is a small airport, mostly regional service I think. You will need a rental car, as there is no public transportation to my house.

For hotels, you have a few options, all are within 15 minutes of CDX HQ:

Doubletree Lowell

Radisson Hotel & Suites Chelmsford
10 Independence Dr
Chelmsford, MA 01824
(978) 256-0800

Best Western Chelmsford Inn

Hope you can make it!

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 2 July, 2008 - 13:32
Any of you guys passing

Any of you guys passing through the Framingham area want to show me the way or give me a ride? I'm fine with whatever is easier.

-Andrew

Destroy All Podcasts DX's picture
Posted by Destroy All Pod... on 2 July, 2008 - 20:55
AMTRAK near HQ

When is this again? sorry newbie here

and is there an AMTRAK station near the HQ

thanks.

JUMBO-LAYA!!!

mannix143's picture
Posted by mannix143 on 3 July, 2008 - 02:27
There's no Amtrak station

There's no Amtrak station super close - You could take Amtrak to south station in Boston, then take the subway to North station, then the commuter rail to Lowell. It's probably 2 hours travel time from south station.

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 7 July, 2008 - 12:44
Northern Ireland

I live in Northern Ireland so maybe next year. Hope you a;; have a great time.

Mark M's picture
Posted by Mark M on 3 July, 2008 - 05:17
What exactly is CDX-HQ? Is

What exactly is CDX-HQ? Is that fancy speak for Josh's house? :)

GogDog's picture
Posted by GogDog on 7 July, 2008 - 17:24
Umm...

Umm... yeah.

;-)

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 7 July, 2008 - 18:12
HQ?

So... does this HQ has Secret lair for super robots to launch?
eheheheh... I envy you guys.

Berserk's picture
Posted by Berserk on 8 July, 2008 - 05:24
I will be there and I know

I will be there and I know absolutely no one, so a newbie question? should we bring something to contribute for everyone to eat or drink?
Thanks
Andrew

AJProDie-Cast's picture
Posted by AJProDie-Cast on 10 July, 2008 - 11:13
You can if you want to -

You can if you want to - we'll have soda / grill stuff (burgers/dogs etc), but if you want to add something to the mix, feel free. We could always use snack stuff, or if you have any special dietary needs....

Looking forward to seeing you all!

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 10 July, 2008 - 11:15
I work at a liquor store.

I work at a liquor store. Will trade booze for toys.

-Andrew.

Destroy All Podcasts DX's picture
Posted by Destroy All Pod... on 10 July, 2008 - 12:34
Haha Bring some absinthe and

Haha Bring some absinthe and we'll talk ;-)

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 10 July, 2008 - 12:34
I am shocked and appalled

I am shocked and appalled that you would make such a comment on a family friendly website such as this one. :-p

-Andrew

Destroy All Podcasts DX's picture
Posted by Destroy All Pod... on 13 July, 2008 - 08:48
Man, I wish this were Labor

Man, I wish this were Labor Day weekend, I would so be there. Oh well.

GogDog's picture
Posted by GogDog on 10 July, 2008 - 17:18
money

If I had enough money to fly over I would be there.

Mark M's picture
Posted by Mark M on 10 July, 2008 - 18:27
*sad,sad*

Well guys, due to a crushing combination of schedule and $$ issues neither yours truly nor the 6 foot gundam will be able to make it for '08. Hope you all have a blast and know that I'll be there in spirit, as well as over the phone checking up on trade shwag ;).

Jerilock's picture
Posted by Jerilock on 10 July, 2008 - 20:05
Movin' to Cali, dang it!

Man, I'm moving to California around that time time. And I've been looking forward to this! =(

chunkypuff31's picture
Posted by chunkypuff31 on 15 July, 2008 - 17:14
How far away is Dracut from

How far away is your place from Amherst? Cause I'll be bouncing around Mass that weekend...

Jetjagaa's picture
Posted by Jetjagaa on 20 July, 2008 - 23:02
maybe 45 mins to an hour. Go

maybe 45 mins to an hour. Go east on Rt 2, then north on 495...

JoshB's picture
Posted by JoshB on 21 July, 2008 - 06:43
Missing Out

So may great events in such short of time: DX East Coast Summit, SDCC, Macross World Fest, Anime Expo, Etc Etc.

Next year I'm making it out to DX East Coast Summit, it's a shame that I'm missing it and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you in person! Or maybe I should head up DX West Coast Summit!?

Have a great time!

LF

We'll fight them on the Beaches!

Showapop's picture
Posted by Showapop on 31 July, 2008 - 11:08
Sale/Trade items

I know its a bit late, but is anybody interested in legos, Nintendo power, or Newtype USA magazines? I'm bringing a few other things, but the things listed above are a pain to move unless there is a chance of unloading them on someone.

Thanks