• SIC Masked Rider 2

lol. Finally got around to read this. A little trivia,the original design pic that you use to compare the original and SIC is actually Shin Nigo(New Nigo), with a different helmet and different colour for boots and gloves.practically two different version but in essence just the same thing.

Ghost_XIII   6 hours 3 min ago
  • Macross Hi-Metal R

I'm incredibly excited for this, I've been dying for a toy of the Destroid Monster. I thought I'd end up getting the X-Plus Gigantic Series vinyl of it but this is even better. I'll probably have to grab everything else too, it'll be nice to buy multiple Valkyries without breaking the bank.

toydamashii   12 hours 26 min ago
  • Anyone here know where to find the "Z Mazinger" manga series? or even in TPB? digital? Looks interesting.

Some of these Metaltechs are pricey and easier to get in Italy and Canada for whatever reason. I'm happy that HLPro has been putting out the more obscure Go Nagai history.

Grandzinga   17 hours 47 min ago
  • First off- thanks for posting that reference artwork netkid! That is really nice and I've not seen that till now.

I bought this(MechZilla) and the Mecha-Gidorah figs when they were on the shelf. I still display them with all the other Godzilla collection and they look fine. The obvious attractor was the missile launching capabilities. I got these two since the monsters were supposed to be mech, I thought the power up items looked more appropriate for these guys.

Josh - we know your a bit finicky when it comes to what you like- but I think it looks decent for what it was and the reference artwork netkid posted makes it all that much better. We cant always base the late 80's early 90's stuff on quality of hollow plastic, gummy molds, etc. I remember these being priced pretty low too. The age of super quality wasn't on the shelves. Most of the toys out during this release were similar in quality of materials I believe for the price-line.

Grandzinga   18 hours 17 min ago
  • J. Fighter Mercury

Aside from the Zeta Gundam touch of the nose/cockpit becoming the chest, the sideways feet in flight mode are reminiscent of the Bawoo from Gundam ZZ, and the number on the shoulder is in that 80s style of "computery" typeface that's also used for the unit numbers in Gundam Sentinel.

recognizer   2 days 6 hours ago
  • J. Fighter Mercury

...and now there's ANA selling custom chrome blue plated Gunpla...!!!

Rob   2 days 7 hours ago
  • J. Fighter Mercury

i've heard tales of kids on commercial airlines getting gifts when boarding a plane. This was apparently also a thing in Japan, and my assumption is that is where this item came from

Another option is perhaps that it was a special/limited edition toy that could only be bought on board a Japan Airlines flight. I know Lego sells special sets that you can only buy on certain flights (or at least they did as recently as 2011); I have one of them myself.

MR-05   2 days 8 hours ago
  • J. Fighter Mercury

The design looks like something that'd be a cool shooter game.

VZMK2   2 days 8 hours ago
  • Orguss Orgroid II

Those things were everywhere here in Milwaukee when I was a kid. I had 3 of them!

Juise   2 days 14 hours ago
  • Orguss Orgroid II

I remember buying this toy at the local candy store / video rental place in North Brookfield, MA. This was when Robotech was huge (for me, at least) in New England.

This site is amazing, thanks for all the great content!

kennoah   2 days 18 hours ago
  • Max Tow Truck

I watched the video earlier today and I absolutely loved it. Great job making a review of a toy I know going in I have no interest in be a lot of fun.

NekroDave   3 days 2 hours ago
  • that's crazy that it switched between formats like that . I never heard of this show before, but the figure looks similar to a RAH figure, hope it's cheaper and/or better made.

Gazbot   3 days 8 hours ago
  • I can't even begin to express how insanely popular this series was in my country. I started watching it towards the end & was hooked, I'll probably get it for the nostalgia, cant say I've ever bought anything from HL Pro before though.

Mazinkaizer   3 days 9 hours ago
  • Max Tow Truck

Sadly the manual also says it doesn't do very well on thick carpet either.

CDX.com Exclusive Commentary:

If it ever gets a next-year upgrade, I'd prefer some more tread on the tires.

It can handle stacked weigh but it just doesn't handle solid mass weight and since it it never got past the salt block, I didn't do my follow up joke!
    If it succeeded, I was going to put down a 50lb square bale of hay to tow and then make it 'push' a round bale (900lbs).

There was also a scripted joke about "Pulling a calf" but that never got filmed. Just saying for the record it was going to be a muppet, not an actual delivery. My father collects cow dolls as well as growing the real things.

Rob   3 days 10 hours ago
  • Max Tow Truck

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those toys they will release again a year or two from now with better performance.

I remember at Toyfair they were testng it out on carpet, saying it was maxed to 150lbs but that the final production model would do 200lbs. Maybe a carpet surface will make it hit the magic 200 mark.

netkid   3 days 10 hours ago
  • Ultra Magnus

I have a nice sealed one sitting here I can sell ya.

netkid   3 days 12 hours ago
  • More than anything, this makes me wonder what would have happened if Godzilla vs King Kong went a different direction...

TimF   3 days 13 hours ago
  • I don't think WEP is on the same crap-level as Harmony Gold. WEP has a history of actually working with people to get product out. I think if Mad Toys had approached them first about doing the toy it could have been licensed out. Of course, we already have an instance where they licensed a Third Party toy to be released by Toynami (SD Goraion), so I think this will boil over quickly. I'm hoping they can come to an agreement instead of just shutting it down. It's a really nice piece and I would love to get my hands on it.

Jmann   3 days 15 hours ago
  • Ultra Magnus

I have the other Titanium Magnus. I need to pick this one up because I am on a quest to own all the Ultra Magnus's.

Jmann   3 days 15 hours ago
  • Wait, that can't be the price. Really?

VZMK2   3 days 18 hours ago
  • Do not hate on this toy Godzilla fans, it is the only toy directly modeled after the film's poster art depiction of Mechagodzilla 2. Cannon hands and all.

-and-

This toy was also available with blueish-grey missiles instead of red missiles:

netkid   3 days 19 hours ago
  • Ultra Magnus

Sadly, I was rather upset to discover that mine, which I bought when these things originally came out, is suffering from plastic discolouration - even though I've been trying to make sure none of my toys are exposed to direct sunlight, the unevenness and visible borders where the discolouration has happened suggests this has still managed to happen somehow :(

Tetsuryu   3 days 19 hours ago
  • Sniper Sonic

The Japanese love their trains... which is going to make ToQGer really hard to adapt into Power Rangers.

atom smasher   3 days 21 hours ago
  • Basically another version of Speed Racer....

Scarfang_The_Slayer   4 days 14 hours ago
  • Sniper Sonic

I bought a bunch of these in China that I was never sure were bootlegs or officially licensed maybe 10 years ago or so. I always wanted the big transforming robot they had, the something Garuda I think?

siningy   4 days 15 hours ago