• Kamen Riders are just magical boys anyways.

VF5SS   1 hour 19 min ago
  • Legacy Dragonzord

Someone doesn't like metal.

JoshB   15 hours 9 min ago
  • Whoops, I must have let the false sense of nostalgia take over and let that one slip. Fixed!

siningy   15 hours 26 min ago
  • Battat is a big-time company, responsible for such brands as Our Generation and Little Woodzees. They're also responsibe for manufacturing wooden trains that parents will actually buy, unlike the Thomas wooden trains (whose prices have become so licenseflated that Target stopped stocking them). Their products have plenty of shelf space at major retailers. And "Let the buyer beware" is not an appropriate response to parts on a baby toy sold at major retailers falling within the choke gate, although I doubt the parts in question actually do considering how thorough the regulators are about that one.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   15 hours 35 min ago
  • Legacy Dragonzord

Glowing praise for the use of die-cast despite it adding nothing but balance problems and driving the price up? Get your head out of your arse. This didn't need gratuitous die-cast, it needed a shorter tail for use in the Power Staff!!!!

ZeldaTheSwordsman   16 hours 14 sec ago
  • Q-Rex Megazord

The die-cast parts on the Legacy Dragonzord were a stupid idea that just serve to cause balance problems. Note to Bandai: Learn from your competitor Hasbro's screwups! Do not listen to the "WAAAA! WAAAA! WE WANT DIECAST BCUZ IT AUTOMATICALLY=BETTR" crowd!

ZeldaTheSwordsman   16 hours 10 min ago
  • Dino Charge Megazord

Here's the deal: Most sites don't have a subject box for stuff like comments. It's kinda superfluous. But we do, and you have to put *something* in it to keep the site from doing the very stupid-looking thing of duplicating part of the comment to fill it.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   16 hours 17 min ago
  • Dino Charge Megazord

I know, man, it's just so much trouble to type something in a box. Like, I'm an important person, my time is valuable, you're gonna waste it by making me type text in a box here?

RobotBastard   16 hours 50 min ago
  • Dino Charge Megazord

It's not really surprising. With Power Rangers once more starting to really rake it in again (which has the bonus of making the retailers less pushy), and the BoA engineers getting more experienced, it makes sense that the toys are improving.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   17 hours 21 min ago
  • I had originally been interested in this because I like the G2 color schemes, but now that I see that he comes with a ridiculous scowl straight out of the dark age comics, and doesn't come with even a dummy of the G2 launcher... that's off-putting. Anybody know if the KO just copied the original head? Because if it did, ten saving up for it won't be just settling for the poor man's option.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   17 hours 33 min ago
  • It wouldn't if they made it of rubber or something.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   17 hours 41 min ago
  • Maybe just edit that one to "really".

PS you could use this diorama to recreate the scene in the original Macross where Hikaru vaporizes some random dude with his Valkyrie's thruster exhaust

RobotBastard   19 hours 15 min ago
  • LOVE that head. Now that I look at it, reminds me of Master Chief.

VZMK2   21 hours 47 min ago
  • This looks neat. I'm always fascinated by the Japan of the 80's so it's nice to see stuff like this.

VZMK2   1 day 10 min ago
  • If you're into popular Japanese music of basically any genre it's basically a who's who of Japanese musicians competing against each other. It's great.

I hadn't realized how well these work with 1:12 figures, they look really good.

SpaceRunaway   1 day 1 hour ago
  • Hearing this review made me think more of my brother, he was into these movies too, having grown up during those trucker/CB Radio days when Convoy and Smokey & The Bandit was a thing (not to mention the TV series "BJ & The Bear"). It certainly lasted into the 80's (reminded of the 1980 film "Coast To Coast") and I can see how this may have inspired my brother to get into being a truck driver himself. Something I never aspired to at all simply for not having too many blue collar interests in that field.

Speaking of truck horror, more recently, my brother managed to make pals with a group out in Connecticut who used his 'talents' in a crappy Syfy movie that came out last year, but can be found on BluRay/DVD now under the title "Dark Haul" (although Walmart wanted to change the title to "Monster Truck"). He was responsible for some of the visual effects in this (non digital) as well as some of the driving scenes (mostly off camera), but no stunts (since he's not licensed for that). He managed to get the producers to put his surname right on the truck as well, which gets total halfway into this film and never seen again. Still, not bad for such a petty effort for my brother to get his name out there on the idiot box (let alone globally if they're selling this movie in other countries).

After filming, it sounded like my brother wanted to get me hooked up with these guys but apparently nothing ever happened at all, and from the last I've heard from him, they moved to California and are doing projects there, so I guess my brother's 15 minutes of fame have ended.

Chris@StudioToledo   1 day 11 hours ago
  • Kikaider 01

I love that box art! It's very reminiscent of Dean Motter's Mr. X comics.

NekroDave   1 day 17 hours ago
  • That's actually a great idea that I hadn't considered. And I just bought a new mini-fridge, too. But, although I didn't specifically mention it, you can probably guess that mine have never been removed from the original cardboard and I don't plan to be the first. That's why I didn't include any pictures of them actually placed against the background. Maybe I should grab an extra at some point.

NekroDave   1 day 18 hours ago
  • Crazy Diamond

Very good point! I also have a few more SASs I'd like to review, Josuke among them, but I'm about 2000 miles away from them.

StarSaber   2 days 5 hours ago
  • awesome, i would love to get these for my fridge or mirrors :)

Gazbot   2 days 6 hours ago
  • Crazy Diamond

I'm glad to see someone is continuing the JoJo reviews. I had made pages for some reviews (Rohan's is even written), but my small mountain of SAS (along my my dreams for completing the whole Passione lineup) and I are currently separated by some 6,000 miles, so feel free to ignore those.

Also, don't be so quick give up at the end! You can make any figure look better with a Stand.

SpaceRunaway   2 days 12 hours ago
  • Yard Sale Score

Totally complete!

I don't know why the image I posted keeps changing sizes. Oh well.

Televex   2 days 12 hours ago
  • It's pretty impressive how well Japan promotes every small thing. I wonder if a lot of this has to do with how long these places have existed compared to how young a country the US is. When you think of these places in Japan, they have probably been run by the same family for generations and it doesn't really seem we have anything comparable to that here.

siningy   2 days 15 hours ago
  • *runs to bathroom to change pants, blushing*

Do we know what the scale/size of this will be? Can the Strike Parts be removed?

EVA_Unit_4A   3 days 13 hours ago
  • Mugen Calibur

I really like the head on that green version.

VZMK2   3 days 13 hours ago