• X-01 Code

The ne defining features, clean bot form, are just what I like. I might just get this :D

The Castellan   5 hours 57 min ago
  • K-III Missile Launcher

I cannot believe I owned this toy. I had totally forgotten it's existence until I saw this review. Thank you for covering it's crazy awakening memories that would never had returned without this review.

TattooedRobot   8 hours 37 min ago
  • K-III Missile Launcher

JB,

I really enjoyed that review from a few years back and hoping you would do more at a later date,

This is a great design as well! Reminds me of Captain Scarlet!

There are so many 70's sci-fi hot wheels and matchbox toys like this and its always great when they get covered,

LF

Modcineaste   9 hours 11 min ago
  • K-III Missile Launcher

...in toy shops in England when I was growing up. You still see the odd one from time to time, usually in very poor condition, at antique shops, charity shops or jumble sales. One of the vehicles in the line was almost certainly (its pretty much identical to the toy!) used as the model for the "Killdozer" tank used by Judge Dredd in the classic 2000AD saga "The Cursed Earth"!

F-ZeroOne   14 hours 35 min ago
  • I believe these are 18,000YEN not 8,000YEN but I could be wrong.

CHEN   15 hours 38 min ago
  • I dig it. And I can see some potential custom work, here. I mean if they can do stuff to g1 ironhide and Ratchet, why not this?

The Castellan   1 day 3 hours ago
  • Monsargar

The Toys R Us chain in the US don't have stuff like this. The closest we have are animals, dinosaurs, dragons, and maybe one or two fantasy creatures like a Chimera or an anthropomorphic animal warrior. That's cool and all but I wants KAIJU! Though I guess I could buy one of those el cheapo plastic/rubber dinosaurs and re-purpose it into a kaiju....anyway, enough ranting. I want to talk about the figure itself. He looks very similar to the monster "Plexton" from Super Human Samurai Syber Squad except Plexton's belly is brown instead of black. He has the same spikey/rocky textures as well as being red. Plexton was a fire monster and it's sister "Gramm" was an ice monster.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   1 day 5 hours ago
  • Mechatro WeGo

I hope he holds a pilot/figure...?

Demonseed   1 day 8 hours ago
  • Stealth Voltron

Interesting figure. He is also growing on me. I like the idea of doing more with trendmasters. They really did jump in and make a lot of toys figures. I only wish I was paying attention at the time, I still need a stealth and vortex voltron.

Demonseed   1 day 8 hours ago
  • This may be the first MP I ever import as I'm not certain Hasbro and Toys R Us are going to import a Japanese exclusive character toy at this price point (appearances in comics notwithstanding).

atom smasher   1 day 19 hours ago
  • Hurry! Hurry!
    This guy is on sale for $140 at Hobby Link Japan!
    Go! Go! Go!

netkid   2 days 4 hours ago
  • Radon (Rodan)

Rodan is in my top 4 list of favorite kaiju. I think the reason why I like him so much is that he uses plain, raw physical strength and speed. Like Anguirus, Varan, and Gorosaurus, he doesn't have any energy beams or projectiles. He doesn't need them. Not when he can produce powerful, hurricane-like winds.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Fire Rodan

I've seen GvMG II some years ago but I forgot if Rodan used his energy beam or not. I've noticed that he is one of the very few kaiju without any kind of projectile or energy attacks.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Kore Janai Robo

Reviews like this are why CollectionDX exists. This was beautiful, heartfelt, and packed with information on a toy that might never get the amount of love it deserves.

Great job, man. Great job.

Jmann   2 days 8 hours ago
  • Goo Fish

Lucky. Over the year I've collected 3 monsters (Goo Fish, Bones, and Goldar) and 3 Rangers (Red, Yellow, and Blue) Hopefully I can expand my collection a little bit.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   2 days 8 hours ago
  • There's like three companies that are doing Kankai Collection figures (Bandai, TakaraTomy and Good Smile Company/Max Factory).

VZMK2   2 days 11 hours ago
  • Definitely smaller. Figmas are roughly 1/12 scale, and the preorder info indicates that that's not changing for this release, advertising him at about 15 cm.

SpaceRunaway   2 days 12 hours ago
  • This is fantastic. I am absolutely bouncing off the walls for this.

TattooedRobot   2 days 12 hours ago
  • Kore Janai Robo

My favorite part is when Hamada (of Downtown fame) loses it when they show off the sliding shoulders.

SpaceRunaway   2 days 13 hours ago
  • Kore Janai Robo

This is so funny!

Modcineaste   2 days 17 hours ago
  • He looks good. If he isn't an exclusive, I will probably pick this up

RobertG22   3 days 42 min ago
  • Goo Fish

My cousin use to have all the PR monsters in this scale.

VZMK2   3 days 6 hours ago
  • Kore Janai Robo

Your comment means so much! I actually struggled with this review right from the idea stage for a long time, starting over at several points, partly because if was so personal. Even when I finally finished it I had no idea if it was actually something people would find interesting to read. Just hearing people reminisce about Yappy totally makes it worth all the effort.

SpaceRunaway   3 days 7 hours ago
  • Herr Fiend

Found this guy at a flea market. His mid section is a little loose, but other that that I love it. I was surprised at how heavy he was due to the die-cast metal content. Car mode looks really good, robot mode is very interesting. At first I thought his arms were too small, but then I got over it. Oh, nobody laugh but this was the very first (REAL) Gobot/Machine Robo figure I've ever owned so of course I've got to show the line some love.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   3 days 12 hours ago
  • Fortress Of Fangs

Even though I didn't have many playsets growing up (Four, but five if you count the TNMT Mini Technodrome) they were still something that I loved as a child. All of the different accessories, the sharp (and sometimes not so sharp) details, as well as everything being compact so you won't lose anything. These days I've seen maybe one or two playsets but nothing compared to what was available during the 90's. Is it just me or maybe I haven't been looking hard enough? I'm talking about non-Lego playsets only. You can find Lego stuff literally EVERYWHERE.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   3 days 12 hours ago