• I prefer simple-designed robots without the unnecessary auxiliary mecha than what Bandai is offering for the last 9 years. Good thing I stopped collecting DX Super Sentai mecha, with Bandai's over-reliance of auxiliary mechas to create retarded-looking combinations.

Truly, I missed those days when robot design mattered than collecting an absurd amount of mechas.

makaikishi   2 hours 31 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

I see where I misread it--the design is by Okawara, but Obari animated the combination sequences for the anime (they even have the same green forcefield tunnel as the SRX combination).

atom smasher   2 hours 36 min ago
  • Black Zarak

It's too bad Cybertron Dark Scorponok is so short! No GPS on that one, I assume?

Ginrai   2 hours 56 min ago
  • Black Zarak

I didn't attempt it, but it doesn't look nearly as good as it does in the cartoon. I was pushing my luck as it is! But you can do with Scorponok if you want to.

Ginrai   3 hours 42 min ago
  • Black Zarak

I'm still hoping they reissue it one day!

Ginrai   3 hours 44 min ago
  • Black Zarak

I was very careful but... it's actually not my toy!

Ginrai   3 hours 44 min ago
  • Thanks for the kind words! Power Rangers was trying to use the Zyuranger suits forever, so I think this was just a result of shoving as much of the ninja stuff aside as possible. Anyway, Ninjaman rules, but remember he doesn't show up until pretty late in the series!

Destroy All Pod...   3 hours 47 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

"apparently it was designed by Masami Obari and not Okawara"

uh, no? definitely Okawara.

recognizer   4 hours 14 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

They should retool the RD or the Chogokin ZZ into this.

VZMK2   9 hours 30 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

This is easily the most Okawara-iest model ever created.

EDIT: Even better: apparently it was designed by Masami Obari and not Okawara, but it still looks like a massive tribute to him as a ZZ Gundam/Eldoran mash-up.

atom smasher   10 hours 24 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

Edit: Double Post.

netkid   10 hours 27 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

Oh yes, that's going on the "buy" list.

netkid   10 hours 58 min ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

Yes! YES! YES!!!!!!!

Gunpla Super Robot From Heaven! Come Forth!

Rob   11 hours 4 min ago
  • That's beautiful.

VZMK2   15 hours 12 min ago
  • Tahu

This new Bionicle line though, does everything that I wish Hero Factory did.

Yep, it does, and that's exactly why I'm paying it no attention. BIONICLE 2015 may be a reboot, and it may gain advantage from the lessons learned in the Hero Factory line, but to me this is not the old BIONICLE I remember.

Up front, I lost interest in BIONICLE after the first year in Metru Nui (2004-ish) because it was becoming repetitive in mass-produced villains that all looked and acted the same supported by a few larger main baddies. (The Bohrok as a unique swarm-race was a great idea, but mass-produced swarms and baddies year-after-year ruined it and the Bohrok got lost in the gimmick they started.)
    The other thing BIONICLE lost was the 'living legends'/ignorant paradise islanders-aspect, which I thought was interesting. Keeping [The] Makuta and Mata Nui as faceless stone figures of mythology standing as gods of that Universe suited me fine, but when they both began to take an active physical role, they lost their stature as gods and became just over-powered characters outshining the importance of the Toa in the storyline.
    At first, I thought Metru Nui was an interesting idea- to say the Matoran had a lost past intrigued me, but as time went on and the direction of the story played out, I found BIONICLE shifting away from the uniqueness it had brought early on that I enjoyed so much, and just became a competitor to Power Rangers and Transformers.

BIONICLE 2015 is starting out right where I left it years ago- with a swarm of similar-looking critters. I would rather something like the infected Rahi come back to terrorize and plague the innocent Matoran villagers- an engaging gimmick of different-looking animals corrupted by the mystical Makuta, with the added bonus of having two in each boxed set to encourage mini-games with builders outside of the storyline. And also, whatever happened to bonus alternative models that you could access by going to the website, or a separate boxed set of common un-infected Rahi mini-models?

EDIT: I wish Lego would publish the first online BIONICLE flash game, where you played as the then-unnamed Chronicler traveling across Mata Nui as the Toa made landfall and engaged first the infected Rahi and then the shapeless Makuta. I still have the cutscenes, and I wish I could play the game again, although I do still have the three Desktop toys they made; simple but fun.

EVA_Unit_4A   20 hours 53 min ago
  • finally the gasgas pampera mold, can't wait to see the beatchaser, or dark hopper,,

narshkajke   1 day 35 min ago
  • I am going to be so sad when it turns out they are NOT making the rest of the GGG cast in SOC form. I would so love to have an entire shelf dedicated to that show, including an implausibly huge King J-Der to tower in the background.

Felixman   1 day 1 hour ago
  • I'm REALLY liking this one. Hope they release it here it Manila :)

ivanko   1 day 4 hours ago
  • I will still get him. I know nothing of this figure or show and have no nostalgic connection to the property and it isn't my particular aestetic either BUT I will get it. SOC has been the greatest robot line ever and every year I thank the universe it continues. Thank you Bandai.

TattooedRobot   1 day 5 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

I totally agree that this color scheme is the best. I have the Cybertron Dark Scorponok repaint, and it is a beautiful toy. Would still love to see a rerelease of this!

djinniman37   1 day 9 hours ago
  • Another fantastic episode. I am a bit rusty on my sentai mecha, but it sure seems odd that Power Rangers would introduce the animal-based Megazord before the Samurai-looking one if it was the other way around in Japan. Anyway, I am now tempted to watch a few episodes and see if I hate Ninjaman less than I hate Ninjor without the horrible voice.

djinniman37   1 day 9 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

I've read that he can be transformed into his hydra mode from Masterforce. Did you attempt it? If not, I don't blame you.

Optimal III   1 day 13 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

Depressing. I love Black Zarak SO FREAKIN MUCH, but he costs an ungodly amount on the secondary market. I would kill for a re-release of this, obviously with some better gold plastic.

RobertG22   1 day 19 hours ago
  • Scorponok

Unlike you, I'm not offended by dayglo colour schemes, and with Scorponok being a favourite of mine since childhood...well, I never actually owned one as a kid, and I didn't even acquire one until about two years ago, when I pieced one together from two different sources - which to date makes this the only TF I've ever "pieced together", which should be fairly telling of how bad I wanted one. I'm still missing two of the small antennas, but like you said, the base mode is pretty weak, so mine hardly ever spends any time in that mode anyway.

Tetsuryu   2 days 2 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

Well, you transformed yours - which already makes you braver than most of us.

Tetsuryu   2 days 2 hours ago