• It does seem like a bad idea to keep throwing money at something that has not performed well at all. Maybe Bandai/Toei have high hopes for the movie doing better in South America and Europe.

SentaiSeiya   10 hours 14 min ago
  • Why are they bothering to continue with Legend of Sanctuary stuff? It's my understanding the movie was a commercial failure. And.....a Leo God Cloth, because why not?

RobertG22   16 hours 40 min ago
  • R-Morjawz

Unfortunately I don't think these are worth all that much.

Granted, that impression might've been given by me looking up the value and determining that for the money I'd get for them, I might as well keep them for nostalgia's sake. I got both of the largest Mini-Z's sets.

Tetsuryu   1 day 6 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz

This thing is really cool! I had the white-pink-and-purple jet linkbot set, and it was not nearly as exciting as this. They combined by just... laying on top of each other. I also had two of the KFC ones that formed the tank on the bottom of the left column, but sadly not the third. Their color scheme was much less garish than the picture, it was black, blue and yellow.

I remember liking the Z-Bots cuz some were kinda goofy and had personality, they weren't all just murdering death machines. I remember from the jet trio, the "bombs and missiles" guy was angry looking, the main "wings" looked pretty... vacant, and the "cockpit" had this expression like he just couldn't believe he was stuck with these idiots. Seriously, his arms were made so that the only action he could perform was "flip table in frustration."

Pimblebear   1 day 7 hours ago
  • Windblade

To quote the TFWiki: "For the fans, by the fans, and... incorporating fans."

She also has a turbine on her sword hilt. Literally, a wind blade.

Pimblebear   1 day 7 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz

That, along with another linkbot set is from an old KFC kids meal promotion:

I forgot to discuss it in my review.

netkid   1 day 8 hours ago
  • Windblade

And so begins the year of Combiners, Fembots and other Bots Hasbro's let Third Party pick up the slack on.
    Hopefully Nautica's next.

Rob   1 day 10 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz
    KB

Wow. Nostalgic name.. KB Toys. I remember when there was one where I lived before it was gutted and closed, turned from one clothing store into another that closed again and eventually forgotten.

I think these were the hot ticket in there before they closed too. Along with WATERWORLD Action Figures!

Rob   1 day 10 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz

...this makes me want to go look for a few linkbots or morphbots (is that what they were called?) on ebay. recall the bitebots too!

Frosty   1 day 17 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz

I just nostalgia'd so hard right now it doesn't make any sense. I had several Z-bots growing up as well as one of the playsets. It was the black and blue jet. Still have all of them too. What I loved most about the Z-bots was that they were small and you could store them almost anywhere. I thought I was the only one who remembered these! You're also right about KB toys. In the early 2000's before the company folded I remember going in there all the time and seeing Primal Rage figures...yes, Primal Rage. The old line from the early-mid 90's. When I saw those I was thinking all the same exact thoughts you were. Oh, KB Toys. How I miss thee :'-(

...maybe one day a store similar to that will pop up...

Scarfang_The_Slayer   1 day 20 hours ago
  • Windblade

WINDBLUUUUURRRRD. Also TEST COMMENT THAT NO ONE BUT US WILL UNDERSTAND.

Jmann   1 day 22 hours ago
  • R-Morjawz

I have a repaint of Orj. Found it in a bag of mixed loose Z-Bots at New York Comic-Con this year. No idea what the deal is - I can't find any info on it.

recognizer   1 day 23 hours ago
  • Windblade

I believe that her removable headdress is supposed to represent a fan when held, in keeping with her Japanese, kabuki-inspired styling.

Corduroy Bear   3 days 3 hours ago
  • Optimus Primal

You're quite welcome! It's my favorite series as well and I don't really understand all the animosity others have towards it. Maybe it's because it didn't appeal to people who grew up in the 80's, like how Animated/Prime/Beast Hunters doesn't appeal to me. Different people like different things and as a collector I respect others opinions even if we don't agree on the same thing.

...and yes, I think you should do some Beast Wars reviews. The more the merrier I say!

Scarfang_The_Slayer   4 days 3 hours ago
  • Arcee

I might wait a bit and see how the Takara one looks, first.

It only took 28 years get this one, eh? XD

The Castellan   4 days 5 hours ago
  • Optimus Primal

Thanks for posting. I am a big beast wars fan, it was my favorite era, and the early beast wars....both the tv series and the toys....were my favorite parts. The Maximal and Predacons turning into organic looking animals, the mysterious planet and the even more mysterious artifacts and aliens. Really good stuff. You don't see that in modern TF's these days.

And I have the original 1995/1996 version of Optimus Primal here, and your review is spot on.

More Beast Wars, please :D

~ponders reviewing some himself~

The Castellan   4 days 6 hours ago
  • There's something humorous to me about Dr. Doom holding a pistol.

TimF   4 days 11 hours ago
  • Even though I skipped over Acid Storm, I didn't think his colours were bad. Right now I'm in the process of getting the Hasbro Sunstorm. At first when I saw him I was like "bleh" but then I realized that he'd be perfect to compliment my MP Thundercracker. Totally opposite colour schemes. For some reason I think it just "works."

Scarfang_The_Slayer   5 days 19 hours ago
  • I'd actually would get this but not at import prices. Hopefully Hasbro decides to release this one (and not some other ridiculous eyesore like Acid Storm or Sun Storm).

VZMK2   6 days 5 hours ago
  • The mini shuttle is from a KO Sixwing set I have. I just felt like taking pics of the shuttles together. Lol. I don't have that set reviewed yet, but I do have a review of an over sized Sixwing set if you're interested in taking a look at it. Unfortunately no combiner pieces were included. http://collectiondx.com/toy_review/bootleg/oversized_sixwing

Scarfang_The_Slayer   6 days 20 hours ago
  • This Millennium concept repaint is actually a reference to the artwork Yuji Sakai made for one of the Godzilla: Final Wars movie posters which used that same design in classic Godzilla colors. It has since been made into a resin kit as well.

netkid   1 week 4 hours ago
  • I just saw scans of a hobby magazine..

A Full Armor Upgrade is coming... as a Premium Bandai Online Exclusive.

This is officially the MOST. EXPENSIVE. Perfect Grade Ever!

Rob   1 week 9 hours ago
  • HA! I love this series.

The "Knock Off" gets an Official release! I really want to see it come with an assortment of V-crests and Commanders Horns like they have on the show.

Rob   1 week 9 hours ago
  • Can you do anything with the mini shuttle? I see some type of joint/lime. Mine didn't include one.

Demonseed   1 week 17 hours ago
  • Arcee

She looks great, and I'm sure I'm going to buy one when they finally hit retail around here...but I'm not sure if she'll replace the Animated Arcee on my "ultimate TF" shelf. It's going to be really hard to top that design.

spencer1984   1 week 22 hours ago