• Bumblebee

So this Bumblebee is pretty divisive, what do you people think about it? Does yours have qc issues or not?

quinncat   11 weeks 21 hours ago
  • Rotary Kidd

Part of the Wheelman series but surprisingly debuted in ep. 9 of Battlehackers along with Twin Cam Jimmy who tagged along. Jimmy also being part of the Wheelman series,these guys were infiltrating a Gurendos plot involving blowing up a power plant. Rotary Kidd is more of like a stealth spy than anything else like Soundwave's operations for example.

He is voiced by Houchu OHTSUKA and you might remember him as Yazan Gable from Z Gundam,Ultra Magnus in TF Headmasters and Gaihawk from TF Victory as well as Tapp Oceano from Metal Armor Dragonar. Funny enough,the voice of Blue Jet and R.Jettan as well as Luke Stewart's voice seiyuu do have roles from Battlehackers to Dragonar too. It's Obari as FUCK in this his-ouse!

Oh and this guy is Signalman from Carranger and Deneb from Kamen Rider Den-O. Wow,this guy,man. Wait,he's also the narrator from Kamen Rider Gaim?! This is even better than I expected.

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Jet Riser

So yeah,I've been watching the series for some time now. Akira Amachi here is your typical rash,brazen shonen hero for mech anime. We've all seen it from Gundam from Amuro to Kamille to Shinn Asuka but where these guys get a lot of time for development,I feel Akira's (insert your Akira reference here since he gets to ride a bike named Twin Cam Jimmy later on as a reward from ep. 8) character development is quite nice and he doesn't come off as a whiner..most of the times. From the first episodes,he was the first to wanna make a difference in ep. 6 while the Good luck kids were expected to take refuge in a hotel but in ep. 5, that proved ineffective because of spies lurking around the area.

Ep. 7 is where both Mia White and Patricia were questioning that they were being sidelined to wait for the war to end and not being able to get back home to Earth. Funny that this contrasts to TF where the Autobots need to find energy to get back home while also stopping the Decepticons,the kids of Good luck are stranded on an alien planet and THEY have to get back home since the Electronic Planet B-1 is already looking like its seen better days.

Akira himself is pretty much brash and impatient kinda like the Battlehackers but later on after ep. 8,he feels like he has been integrated into the ranks of the Battlehackers. The Battlehackers are more like shock troops or the guerilla force which is pretty interesting considering this is a kids show but then again,Revenge of Cronos has a lot of robo gore and violence so yeah,this one was more of 'You die once...GAME OVER'.

Though throughout the series,we do get to pay attention to select members here and there because there are many of them. Akira does team up with the likes of Mach Blaster,Garzack,R. Jettan,his bud Luke Stewart,F-1 Jack,Twin Cam Jimmy,Jet Winner Robo in ep. 13 where the Jet got a new head and the goof ball of the kids - Zen Ogawa and also Mia White (who I feel was underused out of the Good Luck teens).

At least Akira ain't angsty like a LOT of mecha anime shonens out there. He's funny at least and has some goofy expressions to boot. Overall,he ain't bad. The toy...I'm gonna get it near the end of this year,baby!

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Jet Riser

Thanks to him,we can finally see them. RAW.

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Battle Riser

Thanks to RetroRobotRadio on Youtube,Luke Stewart wears a blue space-suit and seems to be the Kirk of the Good Luck Teens who crash-landed onto the Planet B-1 while it was having a civil war between the Argos who are the Machine Robos and the Gurendos who were these green turtles known as Sitappas (Underlings),Uwappas who were the blue fly boys and their generals who are these high-school delinquent tributes and one of them is a Yakuza by the name of Yazand.

Luke and the others were pretty much the straight men to the Machine Robos. He's pretty calm and collected. I dig him but his toy looks freakin' amazing. A shame this series didn't came out outside of Japan.

He's always Akira Amachi's partner in crime when it comes to dishing out pain in the anime.

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Path Finder

I'm guessing Astro Megazord/Galaxy Mega might be inspired by her.

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Umi Ryuuzaki

Ahhh,there's my water dragon babe.

Now if only Bandai and the Soul of Chogokin FA can give us the Rune Gods but for me,Selece,I'm gonna have a Dragonzord and Selece knockdown!!

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Looks like Prometheum ain't the only one with this guy.

RyugaSSJ3   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

I feel a similar way about it, in terms of Voyager movie primes, it’s the best but I don’t know how well it compares to the movie masterpiece or the revenge of the fallen leader, even though I don’t have the masterpiece, I do have the rotf leader and I still think that one might be better than the studio series Prime, but honestly it’s close!

quinncat   12 weeks 2 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

Hard to say for me. Never been big on the movies or movie toys. But I'll go this far. This is probably the best figure for anyone to buy who isn't willing to spring for the Masterpiece version.

Optimal III   12 weeks 3 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

What do you people think about this figure, is it the definitive movie Voyager Optimus Prime for you?

quinncat   13 weeks 17 hours ago
  • LEGO Ideas Voltron

Check out that late 80s "Lego Space" style CGI with grid lines background on the box.

TimF   15 weeks 3 days ago
  • Tux

Tux is probably my favorite gobot, he’s great! I’m really glad there’s a review of him!!

quinncat   15 weeks 4 days ago
  • Tux

Will you be reviewing the remaining Super Gobots as well?

VZMK2   15 weeks 4 days ago
  • Only 20 bucks in 1979!

Tetsuryu   15 weeks 4 days ago
  • LEGO Ideas Voltron

Pretty sure this is going to be the first Lego set I've bought for myself in almost 20 years.

Optimal III   15 weeks 5 days ago
  • Ha! That's hilarious. When I first saw them put together, I thought it reminded me of a Terrordrome!

NekroDave   16 weeks 5 days ago

christ   16 weeks 5 days ago
  • Osiris

Thanks for the review. These are the kinds of toy I love - cheap and maybe patterned off of something else. Looks like I am on the hunt (got some quarters handy).

BVJ_Fan   16 weeks 6 days ago
  • Voltes V

Awesome! Glad you like it and thanks for letting us know it went well. Sometimes I worry that not having an official online shop link in the review might look strange so even though I know Alan is legit, I'm always happy to see others confirm it too. :)

NekroDave   17 weeks 9 hours ago
  • I've been really wanting one of these lately, even though as I kid I didn't love it anywhere near as much as you did. I don't honestly even recall if I had one but I think a friend did and I just couldn't get past that it was only a section of the entire Death Star, even though I knew even then that a full version would be impractical.

NekroDave   17 weeks 9 hours ago
  • Great review! The only vintage play set I own is Boulder Hill, which was also made by Kenner. Not as crazy about it as you are about this set, but seeing the design similarities makes me think they really knew what they were doing. It's still the most expensive piece in my collection.

Optimal III   17 weeks 12 hours ago
  • Solpugid

These orbots are actually knockoffs of gashapon mugenbine figures from a few years ago! There was a black and red set, and a blue and silver set of them! I have them all, maybe I’ll review them sometime!

quinncat   17 weeks 1 day ago
  • Voltes V

Got mine in from Alan today. What an unbelievably easy and fast transaction, and better packing than Mandarake if that’s possible, really good guy thanks for the recommendation!

TattooedRobot   17 weeks 2 days ago
  • Hound

Skadoosh!!!

I never thought about this figure looking like jack black before but now that you say that, all I see when I look at this Hound is jack black!

quinncat   17 weeks 6 days ago