• Gorn

What don’t people like about this Gorn figure?

quinncat   24 weeks 2 days ago
  • Crosshairs

I'd say this toy is not bad. Worth picking up for anyone who's a fan of the movies and/or missed the previous figure.

Optimal III   27 weeks 2 days ago
  • Crosshairs

What do you guys think about this, is the last knight crosshairs worth buying such a similar figure from the first release just with some admittedly major improvements but at a (sometimes) higher price?

quinncat   27 weeks 3 days ago
  • Dreadwind

I’d have to agree dreadwind is pretty good for $15, and I think the prime armor is just fine, I will say the weapon gimmick in the upcoming siege line I like a lot more

quinncat   27 weeks 3 days ago
  • Beast King GoLion

Nice review. And very cool. I was already thinking about the Ninja & Shogun Megazord sets that are coming, but I may have to grab this one too.

Optimal III   28 weeks 3 days ago
  • Dreadwind

I like Dreadwind through & through. I wish he came with matching guns, but otherwise, he's solid. And yeah, the Prime armor isn't fantastic in execution, but it's fun.

Optimal III   28 weeks 3 days ago
  • Cheers for making the McFarlane comparison. That's what I call being thorough.

I have the McF version but not the Funko. Like you, I found they didn't look great in the package (save Bird Person). Nice to know they improve upon being freed. Snowball would have been the main reason for me buying the set. I lucked out and found the "You Shall Now Call Me Snowball" building set for $9 at Walmart on clearance. I still see it for that price or a little bit more online. So that may be an option for those not wanting the rest.

I do like that the McF Snowball has more poseable arms and legs.

japester   30 weeks 2 days ago
  • Voltes V

I'm glad you got it and liked it!

The next release is expected to be Daltanious.

NekroDave   31 weeks 12 hours ago
  • Voltes V

My friend! I just received Voltes V from Alan. The packing was impeccable. The condition of the box museum-worthy. Discovering the features and details of the packaging and Voltes V himself is totally that same feels I had when 9yo me received DX Dynarobo from my grandparents in Japan.
    Oh my goodness.
    Oh my goodness.

TheJud   31 weeks 1 day ago
  • Slash

Yeah she c a n be kind of hard to stand in her alt mode, but I’d agree with you she is pretty different from her peers and is a really great little figure, I’m really glad she’s getting a decepticon repaint!

Also if you’ve played as duo in Gundam battle assault 2 you’ll get the joke on the subject :)

quinncat   31 weeks 3 days ago
  • Misfire

Thanks for telling me! I went there a couple days ago and got overlord for $20! I’ll probably go back and see if they have twin twist and windblade because $8 is such a steal for both of them!

quinncat   31 weeks 3 days ago
  • Misfire

If you weren't aware, Ollie's is now selling a lot of stuff they got from TRU. If you haven't already, check your locals. They're selling TR-deluxes at mine for $7.99, and basically everything TR for 50% off original retail.

Optimal III   31 weeks 3 days ago
  • Slash

I'm a fan of hers too. It'd be nice if she was easier to stand in alt mode, but otherwise she's great. Definitely different from the other wave one Legends in POTP.

Optimal III   31 weeks 3 days ago
  • Voltes V

Great review! I'm a huge Maize fan because of you. I have both Toysmen Series 001 and 002, and just placed my 3rd order with Alan! Any word on what 004 might be???

TheJud   31 weeks 6 days ago
  • Lowlife

Very cool. Immediately made me think of baby commando from Captain Commando.

Optimal III   33 weeks 3 days ago
  • The cards are a rather odd addition - but they also remind me of the old Mego bridge playset that had swappable cards for the viewscreen. Add-ons for a future release, perhaps?

Tetsuryu   33 weeks 5 days ago
  • Tux

Have you (or any reader) ever found a source of replacement tires that fit GoBots? I feel like more often than not the tires are going to be cracked when you find one.

kidnicky   34 weeks 2 days ago
  • DX Providus

If this guy's punch is hard enough to send zords flying through space & time, then imagine how effective it would be at killing monsters. I mean, look at the size of that fist! Lol

Scarfang_The_Slayer   34 weeks 3 days ago
  • Nice. I think we definitely need all these. We're all clown, all the time lately and I just got the NECA Pennywise as well as circling back to get one of the Amok Time Killer Klowns that I never got when they came out. Too bad about the Ben figure though. He was definitely one of the better characters in the movie and the figure's intense facial expression doesn't really reflect who he was.

NekroDave   34 weeks 4 days ago
  • I love that these toy sculpts instantly remind me of the old Arii model kits. But I'd really like to see something like the old Shogun Warriors done in this style.

BraveMSW   34 weeks 4 days ago
  • Hot Rod

Actually I just watched it last week and uh... y e a h

Let’s just say I wish I didn’t

quinncat   35 weeks 2 days ago
  • Hot Rod

FWIW, The Last Knight is currently on Amazon Prime. If you're into that sort of thing.

Heavyarms   35 weeks 3 days ago
  • Stinger

It'd be nice if they'd went with the transforming arm. But it seems like there's a certain ceiling with this line when it comes to detail & quality, so I'm not surprised.

Optimal III   35 weeks 3 days ago
  • Would love to see it next to a GoLion Jumbo or the vinyl Dairugger XV from a few years ago. Nice pick up!

ChemicalEggs   35 weeks 4 days ago
  • Stinger

Does the arm cannon inaccuracy bother you as it kind of goes against the idea of the studio series’ commitment to accuracy, or do you not care at all?

quinncat   35 weeks 4 days ago