• Or did the beetle horn shapes ruin that effect for you?

ZeldaTheSwordsman   1 week 5 days ago
  • Kylo Ren

I didn't get this one because I didn't think i needed another Kylo Ren and wasn't sure I liked the pose, but I don't think I realized the hood came off. Maybe I'll pick it up now.

NekroDave   1 week 6 days ago
  • Highbrow

Hm... I'm going to have to agree with both of you. I'm pretty split on highbrow, but my feelings are definitely more on the positive side. The neck is annoying, sure but I can look past it. To me, the figure is not great, not terrible but just pretty good.

quinncat   2 weeks 4 hours ago
  • Kylo Ren

That thing looks ridiculous, but honestly, I hope he busts it out in the next movie.

"So Rey, I see you have mastered the Force... But DARE you face the FIREBALL LAUNCHER OF THE FIRST ORDER?!"

Pimblebear   2 weeks 7 hours ago
  • Highbrow

I despise Highbrow and hated him so much I returned him. I honestly think he's unacceptably bad. The stupid head wobble is my biggest issue, but I also hate his non-locking hands and rotors that can't fold. For me, Highbrow is one of the absolute worst TR figures released.

siningy   2 weeks 8 hours ago
  • Highbrow

My only negatives are 1) the alt-mode has a fat butt, since the feet basically become the horizontal stabilizers. 2) he only has landing gear if you attach the two weapons to the wings, which sort of ruins the alt-mode's otherwise streamlined appearance.

Other than that I think it's a great figure and probably my favorite TR Deluxe so far.

Heavyarms   2 weeks 8 hours ago
  • Highbrow

Any thoughts, positive or negative about this figure?

quinncat   2 weeks 9 hours ago
  • Kondor Bleu

The gold foil really elevates this.

TimF   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Nice what a beast.

TattooedRobot   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Kondor Bleu

Great write up thank you. Your whole Machinder overview is so cool.

TattooedRobot   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Alpha Trion

Scourge retool wouldn't be bad at all! Kind of like botcon devcon

quinncat   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Chromedome

Yeah, those legends titan masters have so much paint too!

quinncat   2 weeks 5 days ago
  • Hardhead

The second picture of hardhead in robot mode should've been one of his titan master standing at his feet like in the blurr, chromedome, scourge and the upcoming highbrow reviews

quinncat   2 weeks 5 days ago
  • Chromedome

Agreed on the lackluster paint for the Titan Master. I was let down by that when the first wave's TR figures were actually painted.

IDW's More Than Meets the Eye is probably my favorite piece of TF fiction after Beast Wars and Transformers: Animated. I highly recommend it to anyone who says they may start reading it.

Heavyarms   2 weeks 5 days ago
  • Galvatron

I know! That megatron looks great, and so does it's blitzwing remold. I'm really excited for both of them!

quinncat   2 weeks 5 days ago
  • Galvatron

While Titans Return Galvatron's a good toy, I prefer Titans Return Megatron. The "jet mode" of Galvatron was like an afterthought from the designer.

makaikishi   2 weeks 6 days ago
  • Alpha Trion

Seeing as we've never officially seen his alt-mode in G1 he'd be a Monoformer, OR a retool of Scourge.

Rob   3 weeks 13 hours ago
  • Alpha Trion

Are you people happy with this rendition of Alpha Trion for classics, or would you want a more g1 accurate version?

quinncat   3 weeks 1 day ago
  • Sumilidon

I want a new peppercat too! D arts or a kotobukiya kit perhaps?

quinncat   3 weeks 1 day ago
  • Sumilidon

I watched it on and off and don't remember too much about when it aired in the US, but later on I watched a good amount of Medarot when it was streaming for free on NicoNico. I really liked it, because I like unabashedly goofy hobby anime. I would also like a modern Peppercat figure.

SpaceRunaway   3 weeks 1 day ago
  • Galvatron

Definitely better.

Optimal III   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • "…Wait- this is a dinosaur?"

I remember having a similar reaction when I first saw it. I'd read about it on TV Tropes, went to the linked clip expecting something saurian-looking (or perhaps a Godhorn homage). And instead what I saw... It to me looked more like a shark with legs! I didn't see a dinosaur when I looked at the "head", I saw a great white shark's head and dorsal fin! And the ornamentation on the legs (especially the pair that make the helmet) also looked like fins to me.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • Sumilidon

Anyone reading this like Medabots?

quinncat   3 weeks 4 days ago
  • Galvatron

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm kinda torn on this figure b/c of the mask, but I think I really like it otherwise! You think it's better or worse than age of extinction galvatron?

quinncat   3 weeks 4 days ago
  • I'm fairly certain that the reasons for the metallic paintjob were: "Let's bling this up because it's a convention exclusive" and "Give the figures something special to differentiate from the vanilla releases that adult collectors might have already imported"

That said, a metallic paintjob is a fairly solid idea for a Ranger figure, since the actual show suits are metallic (aside from the helmets)

ZeldaTheSwordsman   3 weeks 4 days ago