• I'm happy to say that we do make a difference. Its cool to also know that we've influenced for the good reasons.

Rob Braun   10 years 41 weeks ago
  • It's "Rolling Bomber Special" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2BBl7_-4JA) all over again!
    ROTF,LMAO
    Great!
    EVA_Unit_4A

• Clone Pilot

When I saw this at Target last night, I kinda wonder what the heck is up with this? For all who knows, Hasbro might release some star trek transformers, THEN I would start to think there insane.

Lime_Neko   10 years 42 weeks ago
  • Optimus Prime

I recently got the 19.99 opimus prime, the one that transforms into a truck. good job on the repainted CYBER KEY!!!!!!...

Lime_Neko   10 years 42 weeks ago
  • Irongear! all the way. it rocks.

Lime_Neko   10 years 42 weeks ago
  • Strike Gundam

Good work, you did a good job on this. I recently got an LG SD Destiny Gundam, its awesome..

Lime_Neko   10 years 42 weeks ago
  • I don't have commercial TV, I've got some volumes of avatar on DVD and saw some of the episodes on TV while I was visiting California. I will most likely get this.

Lime_Neko   10 years 42 weeks ago
  • I'm trying so desperatley to win one. They look really beautiful, so it would be well worth to enter to win on

GaoAuxillary   10 years 43 weeks ago
  • Future Robo Daltanious

A MIB Jumbo Daltanious just recently sold on Yahoo!Japan auctions for a whopping 321,000 yen, or approximately $2,700. Just goes to show how hard it can be to predict these things, as well as how high prices are getting these days.

Nekrodave   10 years 44 weeks ago
  • Cosmos 2000

The second known example of the red body/blue limbs Cosmos 2000 recently sold on eBay for 100 Euros. This bring the total C2K count to 5.

Nekrodave   10 years 44 weeks ago
  • Hound

I own an original Japanese "Binaltech" BT-04 Hound. Aside from the die-cast metal in the original version, both the BT and the Alternators line toy are identical in every other way.
    My biggest problem with Hound are his joints.
    Bending his shoulders forward- one of the most basic functions of ANY toy robot out there!- is surprisingly limited; they bend inwards at only 45 degrees, and cannot swing outwards away from the body- like MOST of the BT and Alternators do. (Jumping jacks, anyone? Not this guy!)
    While his wrists have pretty good movement, his elbows can't swivel side-to-side.
    His hips suffer from a simmilar ailment even though they are on ball/socket joints! And because of the limits of his hips, the tightly-snapping joints at his ankles do not compensate correctly.
    These are joint issues that aren't a problem with most of the others in the "Binaltech"/"Alternators" line. I liked the look of Hound 'n all. But these joints kinda killed it- which was part of the appeal ot these realistic-looking Transformers.
    EVA_Unit_4A

• Destro

Agreed. I don't collect these, but this one seems to be the worst that I've seen you review. A shame to, since the old Destro was such a great character. This one looks like a skinny legged, blinged out Mr. Sinister to me.

Nekrodave   10 years 44 weeks ago
  • Kamen Rider X

Recently, a second auction with a Kamen Rider X featuring silver stickers on the chest appeared. So it would seem that it likely just was a less common variation.

Nekrodave   10 years 45 weeks ago
  • Bismarck DX GC-22

"The going rate for such a piece in this condition is approximately $300USD (2006), though it may take some time to track one down."

*kicks self in the head*....there was one of these at otakon for $90 and i passed on it....*sigh*

Jerilock   10 years 46 weeks ago
  • Okay, in order of appearance:
    -- I did not know the name of FireKaiser's weapon when I wrote this; I CANNOT read Japanese at this time.
    -- Official TV-Nihon fansubbed "MagiRanger" episodes confirm that it is indeed _touza_.
    -- I am saving the whole Wolzard revelation thing for when I complete the DX Saint Kaiser review, since that is when we find out who he really is.
    Is that alright with you!? :P
    EVA_Unit_4A

• I'm impressed at the fact that Bandai America has produced something for the older fans of the franchise. Although I have to say, the muscles on those figures are...YIKES

GaoAuxillary   10 years 47 weeks ago
  • Dragonhawk

Hi, for some reason, the link " Sigma Strike Duke " in your review links to Trendmasters Viltron. http://www.collectiondx.com/node/168.
    Would you mind checking that out? Thanks.

snow_flak   10 years 49 weeks ago
  • That's right-! I am more poesable than EVER before! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!
    Here- check this out... (strikes a pose) Mmm? You like?
    (crack!)
    Uh-oh...
    EVA_Unit_4A

• Dabulas M2

This week two specimens at both ends of the spectrum sold on Yahoo!Japan. The first was MIB and ended at 646,000 yen (approximately $5,536). The second was loose, missing two horns and one leg spike and ended at 163,000 yen (approximately $1397).

Nekrodave   10 years 51 weeks ago
  • Sigma Strike Duke

True that, but since it is my only Duke figure I display him without the helmet. But you do have a point, the faceplate is so frosted he could just pass for a generic soldier with a big gun. :)

Atom (not verified)   10 years 51 weeks ago
  • Sigma Strike Duke

If the helmet's on with the shield down, it's less a repaint of another duke and just a faceless guy.

With a BFG.

jaydeflix   10 years 51 weeks ago
  • I should add that my friend Arturo, of Mazingoandtoys, told me that the huge Mazinger Z was not only on display, but also for sale for roughly $3000 US (+shipping). This one can be taken apart and shipped in pieces, which I don't think those big ones from Japan can be. Furthermore, the eyes light up!

Nekrodave   11 years 2 weeks ago
  • Snake Eyes

Great first review!

I've always checked these out and wanted to know more about them. Thanks!

joshb   11 years 2 weeks ago
  • Sadly yes. :( But the great news is Yamato is kind enough to exchange my broken one AND send me the updated sholder piece once the new sculpt is out. If you haven't bought one yet but do, PLEASE do yourself a favor and be VERY delicate with the transformation in the sholders.

Atom (not verified)   11 years 3 weeks ago
  • In Japan, the series is called Kamen Rider, so we Toku freaks like to use that term more often than Masked Rider. That being said, the first Kamen Rider figure is from Kamen Rider Ryuki, though I can't remember his name. The second one is from Kamen Rider Hibiki, and is the main rider, or Oni, in the show. He's just called Hibiki, plus Kamen Rider Hibiki, along with Ryuki, is considered one of the black sheeps of the Kamen Rider franchise.

CIVIL WAR