• Battle Fever Robo

Must have been a joke - no battleshark was included. Maybe they will offer it as an HK exclusive or something.

• Battle Fever Robo

Speaking of the Battleshark, I seem to remember reading something that the SOC was going to include a cardboard fold out battleshark....or was that a joke?

Jerilock   12 years 48 weeks ago
  • I owned an old voltron toy before, the one you made a pose with the masterpiece edition when i was around 8 years old. But it was gone long time ago. I would keep it if i'd known toys can be such a wonderful things nowadays. I still remember that some part of the old voltron was made from metal if i'm not mistaken and it feels and looks solid. From this new voltron i can see it looks good but the face which the black lion forms, looks a bit weird, it looks too human and also the head of the 5 lions looks like cat more than a lion. I personally think that the old lion's head has more aggressive looks and when they are in lions form, it looks better than the new one. Anyway... it looks great in mecha form and i will get one for myself for sure. Thanks for the great review of this masterpiece.

KenStyle (not verified)   12 years 48 weeks ago
  • Battle Fever Robo

I saw the image, and I still say that it's not "supposed" to go in. The BFJ is not on the tray, and you have to fudge it to get it in (turn the legs sideways maybe?). I'm not going to advocate it, cause you may damage the thighs if you try to force him in. I don't want anyone breaking their BFR cause I said it would fit.

• Battle Fever Robo

The image of the SOCBFRobo 'fitting' into the BattleShark only shows him in up to his prohibitive thigh guards. The image is over at the TBDX BBS in a thread called 'WOOHOO! Fatty's COMING!'.

hypermook   12 years 48 weeks ago
  • Battle Fever Robo

If you can find an image, send it to me. Maybe you have to remove parts. BFJ fits in the tray, but the tray wont fit in the shark.

• Battle Fever Robo

Sweet review Josh...definetaly gonna nab this guy at some point. Odd about fitting into the Battleshark, cause I remember seeings somwhere a picture of the SOC fitted inside it...

Jerilock   12 years 48 weeks ago
  • He's being a bit of a pill on this, but I need to give the webmaster/owner JoshB credit for all of the images and movies he took for this review. My own digital camera was non-functional, so he suggested splitting the review up since he had a DX Travelion as well. Thanks for the help, Joshua!
    EVA_Unit_4A

• Gundam Easter Basket

No, it's the RX-78's legs; I double checked after you said something. The RX-178 has open square vents on the calves and back of the ankle; the RX-78 has a rounded calf and no ankle vent.
    EVA_Unit_4A

• Gundam Easter Basket

I've got one of these things, and from what i can tell not only the feet but also the lower legs are off the MK.II. the gun is the beam rifle for the sazabi, and the axes are the ones used for the Ranba Ral custom Zaku 1 MG.

Jerilock   12 years 48 weeks ago
  • Gundam Easter Basket

Here's what I see here-

--Torso & legs: RX-78 Gundam ("Mobile Suit Gundam")
    --Feet & shoulders: RX-178 Gundam Mk.II ("Z Gundam")
    --Arms: MSN-00100 Hyaku-Shiki ("Z Gundam")
    --Shield: RX-79[G] Gundam Mass Production Ground Type ("The 08th MS Team")
    --Head: RX-78GP04G Gundam "Gerbera" (from "0083: Stardust Memory" OVA, but not seen onscreen)
    --Weapons: [can't identify, must be cusom made for this toy]

• I love my Travelion! I would recommend though, if you are going to get it, to get the Toys R Us Japan exclesive version which includes a gold version of MagiShine's Grip Phone and a new set of more show accurate spell cards.

Gunwitch   12 years 49 weeks ago

• I'll tell you why there are two different flames...
    The flame depends on which "female" robot Danner merges with. Yes, there are TWO female robots: Neo-Okusaer & Go-Okusaer. Neo-Okusaer was the original one, which created the Red Flame in Godannar's head. Go-Okusaer is the updated version that produces Godannar's Blue Flame.

}D

The Mazinger Z   12 years 49 weeks ago
  • LMAO...

For a *split* second, I was biting into this, until it dawned on me what day it was.

...then, I read that Fred Garvin had retired from male prostitution to become a Bandai product manager, and I had to pick myself off the floor laughing and sit back in my chair to leave my comment.

Good stuff Josh. XD

REX-203   12 years 50 weeks ago
  • I was totally falling for this, until the Todd MacFarlane thing.... Sounds like something they would try/ruin. Nice Work!

hypermook   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • Bagged Popy Chogokin

This might be the weirdest packaging idea I've seen and the link to carnivals almost makes me want them.

Nekrodave   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • nice to hear that

Tomas Hellix
    mp3 blog
    Tomashellix@yahoo.com

zero   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • It looks great!! Do you know where can I buy one?

SeaEss   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • you can see the legs bent here:

here

Josh

• Boooooooooooo!!! :)

Nekrodave   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • Josh, can you upload a picture of the Voltron knees in anything other than a 5 degree angle? I can't get mine to bend the knees, and I don't want to use excessive force to get them to bend. As far as the Godannar, you will not be dissapointed...

}D

The Mazinger Z   12 years 51 weeks ago
  • Voltron really fired his fists in the show? Wow, I'm getting old, because I don't remember that. ;-)

My masterpiece bends at the knee. Granted, there's really no pose that you can put him in that lets you use it, but still, its there.

Oh, And I'll have the Max Godanner up next week.

Josh

Anonymous   12 years 52 weeks ago
  • Come on JoshB, Voltron not only fired both "fists" in the show, but it also fired the Blue and Yellow lions heads several times.

As far as Voltron's knee articulation, it is almost the same as the original Popy/Bandai/Bootlegs... the knees do not bend back or forward. Unfortunately, this means that you will never see Voltron kneeling down, rendering honors to the Max Factory Godannar Twin Drive Mode (die cast) figure for its incredible articulation system.

The Mazinger Z   12 years 52 weeks ago
  • Bandai Museum Tour

Great article. Unfortunately the Gundam Cafe was closed by the time you got there. You could have had a Mono Eye or Haro drink at the bar. That place was a trip.

The Garada used to be bound to the ceiling with wires. A friend of mine was involved in setting up the Bandai Museum, and told me the Garada was found in one of Popy's old warehouses, gathering dust. Nobody had any idea what it was.

Roger   13 years 1 week ago