• Gotta find this online or ask my fellow 20four7va retailers, they might see a posting of this rare collection.

johnmiller   7 weeks 5 days ago
  • Toy reviewer peaugh shows an easy way to remove the arms.

RXPrime   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Basically, this toyline is doing what MattyCollector *tried* to do.

Jmann   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Video from Hong Kong Toy Fair last week, shows the upcoming diecast and biiiiig lions. Also what looks like 1/12 paladins?

magicsp00n   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Arc

Game of Getters!

JoshB   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Arc

I asked the owner of Icarus Toys about this. He said that there are a lot more Dynamic products in planning. So I take that as a good sign.

JoshB   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Playmates announced a 9" diecast combining voltron, and VERY large lions with cockpits for normal sized action figures of the pilots. It's going to be great!

JoshB   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Arc

From the shot of it with the wing blades facing up, I swear it looked like it was literally its own Iron Throne.
    Iron Throne Getter!!! Change!!!!

Rob   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Arc

Nice review! I know next to nothing about any iteration of Getter Robo, but I fell love with these as soon as I saw them. Pre-ordered the black version of this months ago, and I'm now considering getting the black Shin Getter Dragon too.

Optimal III   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • And though I know the show isn't being driven by toy sales, I'm now wondering what's next for the toys. What can we expect in the future?

Optimal III   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • The electronics are fine, but I'd rather not have them if only to make him less back-heavy. I wish the shoulders weren't part of the black lion and I'd like to be able to store the tails inside like on the show. But overall, it's really cool that we have these and that kids have a chance to buy an affordable combining Voltron for the first time in 20 years.

The lions individually are great, so I may break down and buy the super-poseable one so they can stay in lion form.

Optimal III   8 weeks 2 days ago
  • Getter Arc

I'm still hoping that someone does a Rekka toy someday...

RobotBastard   8 weeks 2 days ago
  • I actually turned off the sound effects on mine while assembling it since I kept accidentally hitting the button. So I didn't even realize they made the appropriate sounds like that! Very cool. That said, as much as I love this set, there's a few things about the combined form that I didn't care for. The horns on mine were so tight that I actually had to, carefully, use a pair of pliers to get them out. I also kind of wish that there was a separate joint to turn the arms rather than having to rotate the entire shoulder. Lastly, I wish the tails weren't rubber. The tail of my yellow lion keeps sticking out and just refuses to stay inserted so it looks a bit distracting. But overall, this thing is a real pleasant surprise.

NekroDave   8 weeks 2 days ago
  • It was probably a licensing decision.

JoshB   8 weeks 2 days ago
  • So they're not in scale with any of the regular Playmobil toys.

What idiot OK'd this?

Tetsuryu   8 weeks 2 days ago
  • Legendary Black Lion

I absolutely loved this set and perhaps for the weirdest reason of all...they reminded me of the Panosh Place Voltron lions. Or at least, my memories of getting them for Xmas back in the day but without the actual disappointment of the toys themselves. I don't know if that makes sense or not but something about the plastic, the size and the improved design just made me feel like a wrong had at long last been righted.

NekroDave   8 weeks 4 days ago
  • Legendary Black Lion

Very good reviews all around. I have to say too that it's been really cool to see each legendary lion get reviewed by a different person.

Optimal III   8 weeks 4 days ago
  • Tryder G7

It's just a pity we'll probably never see the second shuttle accessory.

Tetsuryu   8 weeks 4 days ago
  • I'm really curious how good the Garthim toy is.

TimF   8 weeks 6 days ago
  • Legendary Green Lion

I'm really pleased to see Playmates stepping up their game a bit. It's rather nice to see a domestic company get a robot toy and do it right. Oh and yes the Green Lion cannon does show up in the cartoon. (You really do need to watch it. Once you start you will binge watch it all in a single sleepless night.)

I'm not absolutely crazy about some of the arm Lion proportions. They make the final robot look a little "Popeye'ish" around the forearms. But I don't see how they could have avoided that. It's an acceptable compromise to keep the disappearing Lion legs.

faelon   8 weeks 6 days ago
  • Legendary Green Lion

Red & green have most of the same parts. But the upper half of the heads and the areas around the peg holes are a little different.

Optimal III   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Legendary Red Lion

Very nice! I'm glad everyone else is liking these guys as much as I am, New Voltron's toys really are better than I expected.

StarSaber   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Legendary Green Lion

It really is true how Bandai of America is really lagging behind in all their combining robot endeavors. Even the legacy line is behind anything that is in the premium collector market.

That being said, the subtitle can be a bit misleading as the Bandai Tamshii Nations (Japan) SoC version of the classic Voltron looks to be a marvel of toy engineering and a worth followup to the amazing SoC GaoGaiGar.

gerwakun   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Legendary Blue Lion

That's a good sign then probably. I actually just checked my e-mail for the first time in two days and got one from the official Voltron site. They said the toys were now available, so I sped to my local TRU and found the rest of the legendary lions. They actually had everything except the legendary black lion.

So hopefully everyone will have an easier time finding them now or soon.

Optimal III   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Legendary Blue Lion

Excellent review! Marvelously done, sir!

Jmann   9 weeks 2 days ago