• Rock Roller

Pretty cool. Didn't know they made any Rock Lords toys beyond the ones for the characters that appeared in the movie. Would have been interesting to see how Hanna-Barbera translated this one for animation.

Optimal III   28 weeks 4 days ago
  • Giru Giru

I finally just got one of these today and in seeing this review now, I can't believe it's been out for 7 years already? Anyway, I love it but the mouth on my particular example just won't open up and I'm afraid I'll break it if I try too hard.

NekroDave   28 weeks 5 days ago
  • Bandai Chogokin HEROES

testing

JoshB   29 weeks 3 days ago
  • Triggerhappy

Yeah, I had to hunt to get the Velocitron boxset from a local TRU. Took forever for them to get to Georgia. After that hassle, I didn't hesitate to pre-order the Cybertron set from BBTS.

Optimal III   32 weeks 2 days ago
  • Triggerhappy

That’s so cool that you have metalhawk! Both of those Titans Return box sets go for some crazy prices so I don’t have them yet but I want to so bad! also I’m glad you can experience this mold, because it really is pretty great

quinncat   32 weeks 2 days ago
  • Triggerhappy

Thus far, I only have the Metalhawk version of this mold. But everything you mentioned applies to him as well. Pretty cool figure.

Optimal III   32 weeks 4 days ago
  • Cosmos

Excellent figure with a fun transformation. I actually bought a spare that I'm currently repainting into Gobots Pathfinder.

Kaiketsu Blinder   32 weeks 5 days ago
  • Sixbuilder KO

So I’ve had this figure for about three months now and the pegs have not broken, maybe I exaggerated a little about that problem? I don’t know yet!

quinncat   33 weeks 6 days ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

This is the reason why I never bought another NECA action figure. They had years to address their QC issues and yet they still can't solve it.

Whether it's a break in the joint, misaligned legs or missing accessories...these issues still plague NECA up to now. That's why it's a disappointment whenever I see an interesting figure made by NECA, there's a good chance that figure will break/have defects.

makaikishi   33 weeks 6 days ago
  • Blitzwing Oversized KO

There is a flash sale on Sirtoys now, so this ko Blitzwing is only $5 instead of $10

quinncat   34 weeks 1 day ago
  • Megatron

You're not missing much, TLK was the worst of the Michael Bay TF movies.

VZMK2   34 weeks 3 days ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

I honestly can’t believe the fan base that NECA has given how every figure of their’s I have ever laid hands on has had these sorts of issues? The plastic they use is crab. It’s like recycled chewing gum. Even new in the box a figures lifespan is limited in months not years. Once the cheap assed pvc they use fully outgasses the stuff just disintegrates. At least the infamous Popy Blue took a few years.

One of the more entertaining things in all of this is seeing the long time NECA PacRim fans lay hands on the Bandai Robot Damashii (Robot Spirits) PR2 figures and just about break down in tears at what they should have had all along.

faelon   35 weeks 23 hours ago
  • Liokaiser

I know!!

He kinda barely works compared to the other ones, and it’s really hard to actually find a ko that has hellbat

quinncat   35 weeks 1 day ago
  • Liokaiser

I can't believe they retooled Doubledealer into a combiner limb. You can tell from the fact that it looks so out of place.

Tetsuryu   35 weeks 1 day ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

Now you know why they get called "NECAN'T".

Tetsuryu   35 weeks 1 day ago
  • Slug

I wish his back opened into the classic wings, and that he had a sword in addition to his gun. But otherwise, he's nice.

Optimal III   36 weeks 4 days ago
  • Breakaway

Yeah, I see your point but I’m just disappointed because I didn’t pay $15 to paint it myself!
    Even if they just used different plastic colors or something!!!

quinncat   36 weeks 4 days ago
  • Breakaway

I'm a fan of MTME so I was really looking forward to Getaway/Breakaway. But, like you, I thought the final figure looked unfinished. Granted, it's not something you couldn't fix with halfway decent painting skills, but I was hoping Takara would come along and do it. Now I'm over it.

Heavyarms   36 weeks 5 days ago
  • Agreed. They look to be larger SRC. Along the same lines as the Metal Build Mazinger. Which would be great. But I wish they had limited SOC to the full transformation versions. It gets confusing.

faelon   37 weeks 2 hours ago
  • Voltron

It’s just great seeing such a nice Voltron, or any decent robot, toy at retail again. It’s not perfect, but it has deep presence. And is fun to play with. Both TRU and Walmart are dumping the lions at deep clearance, I think because Playmates stupidly gave them the same skis as the Legendary Defender ones. So Classic is coming straight from the factory to the clearance rack. Idiotic as they will be gone soon. But it means the robot can be had for about $60 complete. I was also able to grab the Legendary Voltron complete box set for $80 at the TRU clearance sale. Also Props to Playmates for packing in the full range of accessories. Everything we never got from Matchbox. Not just Lion Blades but painted Lion blades. Spring firing shoulder cannons. As was said everything but Rocket fists. The only real disappointment is the sword. It’s half the size it should be. Unpainted, and just feels wrong. Plus it tends to warp. Overall the perfect toy for a younger new generation robot fan with which to share the hobby.

faelon   37 weeks 3 hours ago
  • WTB

If anyone has any of the main 4 (possibly even the Shadow ones) for sale, I'm game to buy. :)
    protostar8customs@yahoo.com

Just put CM's Mospeada Figures in the title of the email.

Proto   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Breakaway

He's a wretched jerk in the comics, so maybe it's fitting he doesn't have an enjoyable toy.

Optimal III   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • Gipsy Danger

Great review and love the quality pictures! Mine arrives very soon but I totally get you on budget and lifestyle change. Being a huge fan of the original Pacific Rim movie and a huge SOC fan (although this looks like it has more in common with my Metal Build Mazinger Z than my SOC Voltron), I had to find a way to get this guy. Now its time to start setting some money aside for Crimson Typhoon. Thanks again for the review! Too bad about the sub par execution of the arms and battery compartments :(

SDFcommander   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

In terms of actual quality, I'd say it's a toss up between the Aerialbots (all three versions), the Grand Galvatron set, and the UW/Takara Technobots. All the Unite Warriors sets have that extra bit of polish in paint & sculpting, but what puts those two over the top, and the CW & G2 Aerialbots is Silverbolt.

None of the deluxe figures are bad, but the Aerialbots benefit from being the first team produced. So they don't suffer any of the problems that can come from being retools/repaints of previously used molds. And Silverbolt by far makes the best torso. He's solid and has nothing funny going on with his combiner hips or shoulders, so he's stable & sturdy. Same goes for all his retools, including Cyclonus (Grand Galvatron) & Scattershot (UW Computron).

Optimal III   37 weeks 4 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

Thank you!! I’m really glad you liked the review so much! I wish I had another version of this set, because it really is great.

What do you think the best Combiner Wars team is in terms of their actual quality?

quinncat   37 weeks 4 days ago