• Bruticus (G2)

In terms of actual quality, I'd say it's a toss up between the Aerialbots (all three versions), the Grand Galvatron set, and the UW/Takara Technobots. All the Unite Warriors sets have that extra bit of polish in paint & sculpting, but what puts those two over the top, and the CW & G2 Aerialbots is Silverbolt.

None of the deluxe figures are bad, but the Aerialbots benefit from being the first team produced. So they don't suffer any of the problems that can come from being retools/repaints of previously used molds. And Silverbolt by far makes the best torso. He's solid and has nothing funny going on with his combiner hips or shoulders, so he's stable & sturdy. Same goes for all his retools, including Cyclonus (Grand Galvatron) & Scattershot (UW Computron).

Optimal III   46 weeks 2 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

Thank you!! I’m really glad you liked the review so much! I wish I had another version of this set, because it really is great.

What do you think the best Combiner Wars team is in terms of their actual quality?

quinncat   46 weeks 2 days ago
  • Swoop

I wish he came with at least one more weapon besides the sword & Prime armor, but he's pretty nice. Not sure who's better between him & Slug, but they both top Grimlock.

Optimal III   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Quake

I love the robot mode and color scheme
    I would like to add him to my collection

ThePlasticRobot   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Voltron

I never thought I'd say it but this thing is almost too big. I love the fact that I can hand it over to my kids and not worry about it getting damaged, though. Props to Playmates for making a nice Voltron *toy* after all these years.
    If we could swap out the sound gimmick and get proper shoulder rotation and bicep swivel, I'd have been perfectly content. But all in all a great piece and I'm glad I found all the pieces at retail.

magicsp00n   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

Excellent review! I don't know if the Combaticons are the best team to come out of Combiner Wars, but they may be my favorite, since I have all four sets.

Also, I have to say this really is your best review yet. You nailed it on the pictures in my opinion.

Optimal III   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Voltron

I found the Lions on clearance at Target. $15.99 for the black lion and $13.99 for the limbs.

Heavyarms   46 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltron

Until he met... Predaking....

mechota   46 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltron

I first saw a plastic model of Golion when I was just a little kid growing up in S Korea. It wasn’t until some years later in the US when I was reacquainted with Voltron on TV. More than it being a cool robot, it was a familiar friend from home that made my transition to my new home that much easier. Now almost 35 years later Voltron/Golion still has a special place in my heart. A lot of Really cool collectibles have come and left my shelf but this guy- well tbh the SOC VERSION OF HIM - will probably remain a permanent fixture alongside my Mazinger. Oh The power of nostalgia and that robot-lovin child that still survives within all of us. Thanks for the review.

JC73   46 weeks 4 days ago
  • Gipsy Danger

Thanks. My budget and lifestyle has changed to where I can't afford a lot of the super expensive stuff anymore, but I've been trying to get more reviews in now that life has settled down. It's been a few years of couch surfing, unknown futures and overall chaos but it's finally starting to calm down. Thanks for hanging in there.

JoshB   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltron

Wow that intro is my childhood as well, right down to the years, incredible. Feel the same way.

TattooedRobot   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • I wish these weren’t numbered releases or it was SOC FA 01 or something.

TattooedRobot   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • I have been waiting so long for this line. Even if it is inappropriately shoehorned into SOC.

TattooedRobot   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Gipsy Danger

It’s great having you reviewing regularly again. Explaining the replacement arms is pure gold. I haven’t laughed that hard since you described transforming the Beagel Ridearmor (I think) as wrestling a drunk octopus.

TattooedRobot   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltron

Again, it's not the Soul of Chogokin figure, but for $100+ and how easy it is to get, this works as a set. I especially enjoy how stable it is compared to the Legendary version. To be fair to the Legendary version though, I think the issues with its toys stem from the design not being made with toys in mind at all. It was simply made to be more modern & visually punchy.

Optimal III   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Battle Robo

Thanks! My box is in storage but I will take your word for it.

JoshB   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Black Lion

I'm such an idiot. I never posted it live!

JoshB   46 weeks 5 days ago
  • Battle Robo

According to the credits on the bottom of the box this one was actually designed by Jizai (fansproject headmasters designer) and not Lu. K like the rest of the line.

eriku   46 weeks 6 days ago
  • Black Lion

You can't keep us hanging, man!

magicsp00n   47 weeks 5 hours ago
  • I love this movie. You can watch all latest movies and TV shows for free on your Android and iOS devices using Terrarium TV. You can get it from terrarium tv official website.

milliwaninswin (not verified)   47 weeks 14 hours ago
  • Mei

Why thank you! I think I'm going to try to do one for each Overwatch figure I do from now on, it's a lot of fun.

StarSaber   47 weeks 1 day ago
  • Mei

Nice Dance GIF!

RamenJunkie   47 weeks 1 day ago
  • Battle Robo

The lighter blue is because it was like that in the Revenge of Chronos anime although looking through the screencaps I took from the show, it wasn't as light as this toy is.

VZMK2   47 weeks 4 days ago
  • Quake

Not bad. It would have been nice if he'd been more of a retool or even an all-new figure to better resemble the original. But considering the route he went, he turned out pretty nice.

Optimal III   47 weeks 4 days ago
  • Quake

Oh no how dare you disrespect the new tomb raider :)
    That’s fine, it’s definitely not a very good movie, so I understand!

I’m really glad you got Quake because of my review! He’s a pretty amazing Deluxe

quinncat   47 weeks 5 days ago