• I suspect the only metal in that thing is the chain. Plus I don't see any signs where there should be obvious articulation.

faelon   23 weeks 5 days ago
  • Personally, I really dig these proportions. I've some how avoided purchasing any of the Mazingers since getting into this hobby, but this might push me over the edge.

TimF   23 weeks 5 days ago
  • Donatello

Ditto on him being my favorite because he was the brainy member of the team. Heh.

In fact, I still have my original release Donatello action figure. And when I went to college in '88, he was one of the few personal items I kept on my dorm room desk to show visitors what I was into (he was joined by a wind-up Lost in Space Robot and Robby the Robot). It goes without saying that I was tickled to meet Barry Gordon (voice from the 80's cartoon) last year and hang out with him for a bit. He was super nice and friendly. And just last week, I got to likewise chat several times with Ernie Reyes, Jr. who played Donnie in the first live-action film (as his stuntman). Got a pic of him holding my much-loved action figure, too.

I'll never ditch my original, but these SHFs do look like they stepped right off the screen. It's remarkable how far action figures have come!

japester   23 weeks 6 days ago
  • Resistance Trooper

The rebels / resistance need a fashion upgrade.

TattooedRobot   23 weeks 6 days ago
  • I don't think it's figuarts this thing towers over the other SOC reveals. But I don't see any articulation unless it's a Zero I don't know how big those things are.

TattooedRobot   23 weeks 6 days ago

TattooedRobot   23 weeks 6 days ago
  • I'm anxiously awaiting them not making Dragon, Liger and Poseidon' with baited breath!

faelon   24 weeks 1 day ago
  • Oh boy, I can't wait for them to not make Getter 2 and 3.

Tetsuryu   24 weeks 2 days ago
  • It's a DX SOC, look at the DX Mazinger and Great Mazinger for a hint of what to expect. (It will be very big, very expensive, very heavy and packed with gimmicks)

SpaceRunaway   24 weeks 3 days ago
  • Wait....I'm confused. Is this release just a better representation of the individual vehicles? Or is this an all new set that combines?

Superdaddyco   24 weeks 3 days ago
  • Very nice representation of Getter 1. One pose I'm hoping he can do is reaching behind his back to grab his tomahawk axe.

By the way, are you guys still going to the youtube show at all. I really miss wasting that.

Superdaddyco   24 weeks 3 days ago
  • I wonder what the price tag on these things is gonna be. I hope the individual vehicles are around the range of a standard, non-transforming SoC.

I also hope they don't decide to shaft international collectors by making some of them tamashii web exclusives.

Tetsuryu   24 weeks 4 days ago
  • Dino Mega Playset

For whatever reason if you need support

merchandising@toys1628.com

kidchuckle   24 weeks 6 days ago
  • Dino Mega Playset

I think you've also solved the problem of why the Empire did not defeat the Rebellion. A distinct lack of fire-breathing dinosaur mechs.

Heavyarms   24 weeks 6 days ago
  • Dino Mega Playset

*adjusts nerd glasses*

The basic body shape and proportions are based on the Zoids Death Saurer. With the green one it's harder to tell, but the silver one on the box has the Death Saurer's distinctive panels over the eyes.

Now, the Zoids are all model kits, so this most likely isn't a direct rip of a mold... maybe there was a scaled-down Death Saurer toy for younger kids? I dunno. Whoever made this rendered it with surprising accuracy, though.

Fringe Benefits   24 weeks 6 days ago
  • Carnifex

Good review, sweet toy. I see what you mean about the tank. Kind of reminds me of the Spartan/Commutus design. We're less than two years from Masterforce's 30th anniversary, so who knows if Takara will surprise everyone with an MP or G1 re-issue. But I wouldn't count on either happening, especially the re-issue. Seems like they've gotten away from those in favor of the MP line, which is a fair trade in my opinion.

So basically, this is the cheapest and best Overlord out there now, unless you want the small Iron Factory figure. Or the rumored Titans Return figure, which is likely to be a repaint or retool of Black Shadow.

Optimal III   25 weeks 1 day ago
  • I feel qualified to say, sight unseen, that this is not worth the money.

TimF   26 weeks 13 hours ago
  • I don't think the actual filming suit cost that much? It might be cheaper to buy a suit replica and hire a hobo to stand in the living room wearing it.

faelon   26 weeks 16 hours ago
  • Oh hey, I didn't realize you were going to be there! It was a fun year, the Macross II panel was pretty neat, IMO. It's a small con, but I have a ton of fun there every year, I hope you enjoyed it this year

Ace of the Rebellion   26 weeks 1 day ago
  • Sold!

TattooedRobot   26 weeks 5 days ago
  • Blocker Gundan IV

I love the look of these guys. It makes me sad that CMS Corp went bankrupt we only got an awesome diecast Boss Palder, my favorite gokin ever. These look fantastic if this is the only way I can get the characters.

TattooedRobot   26 weeks 5 days ago
  • R2-A3, R5-K6, R2-F2

Fixed, thanks!

JoshB   26 weeks 6 days ago
  • R2-A3, R5-K6, R2-F2

Just an FYI, you have a pic of R2-F2's bio under both R2-F2 and R2-A3

Heavyarms   26 weeks 6 days ago
  • Sphinx

Thanks. I got the set from Reprolabels ($8). I wouldn't say he needs them, but they definitely add some shine.

Optimal III   27 weeks 21 hours ago
  • Sphinx

Great review very thorough. I love the red Diaclone Liger and eagerly await the toy accurate heads. Whose labels did you use?

TattooedRobot   27 weeks 1 day ago