• Protect Gear

It is really awesome. No parts of the body are uncovered.............

Admin: www.welderreview.com

svtdv26   1 year 41 weeks ago
  • You know, I just copied it right from Bluefin's site. So on one hand, it's sad that I missed it. On the other hand, it's sad that Bluefin missed it too. Thanks for the heads up.

JoshB   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Barricade

Thanks! That philosophy of Vehicle mode looking better than the robot extends to my upcoming Bumblebee and slash reviews too so stay tuned!

quinncat   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Barricade

On the money part, I'm saying no. But I think them upping prices is at least a sign that they're trying to improve the quality of the movie figures, and also not flood the shelves with them, or at least not as much as they used to.

The alt mode looks pretty good, but the robot mode does nothing for me. That's pretty much how I've always felt about the live-action films since they began, and that feeling extends to the toys.

Nice review though. You made him look as appealing as he probably can be, especially compared to that Bumblebee (super bleh).

Optimal III   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Barricade

Yeah, honestly if you want Barricade enough I say go for it, you probably won't be disappointed!

Also, you're not being too naggy about the backdrop so don't worry. What I can tell you is I'm going to be using three different backgrounds (either this one, plain white, or plain black) in the future depending on the figure!

quinncat   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Barricade

I don't like movie TFs at all, but Barricade is one I am tempted to get just because the toy looks great.

I don't want to be a nagger, but your pics would be much better if you took them against a wall or some other plain background. Very distracting.

djinniman37   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Psst! Fix the headline! Thje Fig is Gypsy Danger from Pac Rim 1, not Gypsy Avenger from PR2. The Gypsy Avenger fig is a Robot Damashii.

faelon   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Barricade

What do you guys think? Is Barricade worth the money, is he not? Is he even a good figure in your eyes?

quinncat   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • Gridman

Can you help me find a similar action figure? When I was a teenybopper my dad got me one that looks just like this, except black and white I stead of red and silver. And instead of sword and shield it has twin pistols that could attach to the thigh and he a big laser gun looking thing with two pincers that could form a blade and it attached to this shoulder harness device. It also had a detachable chest, back, and face mask armor. At the class the armor lifted up and revealed some thrusterish things similar to Iron Man. This had to have been back in 1993-4 or whenever the syberSquad show aired in the states. I can't remember if it was Bandai or Saban, but looking at other action figures offered, which were bulky and superhero chested and less poseable, mines was much more like this one except like I said black and white and with guns. I've been trying to find it forever but can't and it's driving me insane haha

justphamin   1 year 42 weeks ago
  • No it's not.

Tetsuryu   1 year 43 weeks ago
  • Amazing pics now i am starting to down load and merge in our book. Some use i as DP ahahhahah
    print UK

steve7876 (not verified)   1 year 43 weeks ago
  • VF-1A/S Valkyrie

I had a newer Bandai VF-1, and the thing just fell apart on me, literally. I then got and built the older VF-1 by Imai, but it had some issues as well. So... I took them both and combined them into one model:

pengbuzz (not verified)   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • I can accept this.

Heavyarms   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • Gundam Astaroth Origin

Thank you! With the weapons being so different for each along with the color scheme the similarities can be hard to spot!

quinncat   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • Hes just being sarcastic, like all fans of G1, deep down inside he knows that IDW is infinitely superior.

Ender10000   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • Agreed. I know we're just talking figures, but it seems like a failure to articulate while also needlessly making a jab. It's shitty.

geedeck   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • "along with the fact that they aren’t doing stupid IDW crap.. "

Whoa, whoa. Where is all this hate for IDW transformers coming from?

Heavyarms   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • Nice review! This version is tempting but I'm going with Arch Enemy whenever I get around to picking him up. Looking forward to the trailer too.

Optimal III   1 year 44 weeks ago
  • Devilman D.C.

I'd show you a picture, but I tried to upload it into the gallery here and ended up with a photo for ants.

Tetsuryu   1 year 45 weeks ago
  • Devilman D.C.

Ok maybe not exactly a handshake, but it's a third hand, which seems odd. Either way...

JoshB   1 year 45 weeks ago
  • Devilman D.C.

I'm pretty sure the special hand is intended for the crossed arms pose. If it were a handshake hand, I'd imagine there'd been some kind of a promotional photo showing it off, and I don't think the GX-70VS set comes with a corresponding hand.

My biggest grievance with this figure is that the wing backpack plate doesn't have a slot in it to pry a fingernail into, and I don't feel particularly comfortable trying to pull it out by the wings because the plastic joints do not seem particularly strong.

Tetsuryu   1 year 45 weeks ago
  • And I thought people had problems with the Bay movies. I will concede not all the Beast Wars toys have aged well, but in that respect, I don't think anyone can honestly say they're worse or "crappier" than any Transformers toys that proceeded them.

Looking past the huge impact these figures/this franchise had on the brand and the fact it saved Transformers, these two figures are still pretty nice. Their size isn't as impressive anymore which does credit to today's Legends-class figures, but otherwise they're cool.

Optimal III   1 year 45 weeks ago
  • Gundam Astaroth Origin

Chalk it up to my not having spent a lot of time with IBO yet, but at first glance, I didn't see the similarities. It might be the red that does it though, since I can see similarities side by side. Either way, nice design & good review.

Optimal III   1 year 45 weeks ago
  • HG IO Frame Shiden

I like that about it too, that's good especially if you display many figure lines together!

quinncat   1 year 46 weeks ago
  • HG IO Frame Shiden

Hard to say without handling it myself, but based on your review and its appearance, I can see why a lot of people would be saying that. Besides the greater-than-usual articulation, it's got a solid build (pun not intended) and fits in with almost anything. IBO, other Gundam stuff, non-Gundam stuff.

Club/paddle oar aside, it could pass for a labor from Patlabor, a bioroid or battleoid from Robotech, an arm slave from Full Metal Panic, or a generic giant robot from anywhere else. Some might count that as a minus, but I consider it a plus.

Optimal III   1 year 46 weeks ago