• Boss Borot

Yeah the difference between GX-10 and an ET is astounding. GX-10 is so solid you could anchor a boat to it. The limbs move like butter and more or less work, even if not perfect visually.

faelon   1 year 51 weeks ago
  • Boss Borot

Really pretty looking over priced mess is pretty much the rule of thumb with ET. I wish another quality producer would hire ET sculptor and put some real engineering behind him. As it is ET has long been on my list of " only by if discounted below $50". And after my last one even that is questionable. It's heartbreaking. Their sculpts are gorgeous. They do the obscure stuff no one else will. By why oh why do they stick with the cheesy magnetic balls? They can't have many adult collectors lining up to pay $200/per for that?

Boss Borot looks like he suffers from the same issues as the Samurai Pizza Cats Robot. Big empty plastic boxes balanced on wobbly magnets with all the weight on the top. A pretty looking hot mess.

faelon   1 year 51 weeks ago
  • Nice review. I didn't notice the wings in the picture. Maybe they originally meant to maintain the Legendary design, but then dropped it for budget reasons. I also don't like that the ears are permanently up.

I actually got the box set from Target. Not sure if anyone else sells it.

Optimal III   1 year 51 weeks ago
  • Boss Borot

I always want to like Evolution Toy but.... it never works out that way. Plus I just got GX-10 in my crazy SOC back collecting and it just made me so happy,..... collection dx is still the place to get a real review. Nice job.

TattooedRobot   1 year 51 weeks ago
  • Downbeat

This is great Jazz and one of the best 3rd Party figures so far...

TattooedRobot   1 year 51 weeks ago
  • Downbeat

That "Desertion of the Dinobots" car seat mode is pretty clutch!

VF5SS   2 years 1 day ago
  • Alpine Drift

Yeah, I'd say alpine drift's Vehicle mode doesn't look as complete as the original orange one.

quinncat   2 years 5 days ago
  • Alpine Drift

Robot mode is definitely a step up, but the original still looks better in alt mode.

Optimal III   2 years 5 days ago
  • For a kid's meal toy, that's actually pretty neat.

Optimal III   2 years 1 week ago
  • Bumblebee

Oh I just read the review, and I made a mistake!!! I forgot to say "this figure is a harmless purchase if you can find it on sale!" Sorry about that!

quinncat   2 years 1 week ago
  • Bumblebee

I know! I can't believe that something that looks so hit or miss as this Bumblebee is almost as much as a voyager class figure. I thought about that recently, that instead of getting this, I could've gotten Octane or Blitzwing or last knight megatron or something!

quinncat   2 years 1 week ago
  • Bumblebee

I can't believe they have the balls to charge 20 bucks for these things.

Heavyarms   2 years 1 week ago
  • Bumblebee

Wow. So the movie's already come and gone, but what they release first is a "Premiere" repaint of his AOE figure instead of the all-new one. Like you said, he does look good from certain angles. But from others, all the solid yellow screams monotony.

For what it's worth, I give the nod to Barricade. At least he's a new toy.

Optimal III   2 years 1 week ago
  • Voltron

So this is basically a "Masterpiece" version of Golion/Voltron?

Scarfang_The_Slayer   2 years 1 week ago
  • Battle Fever J

Japanese don't shut up their kids with a cheap toy, they shut them up with a slap XD
    The toy is probably made for the poor.

Fulgutor   2 years 1 week ago
  • AHA! So many years later.... Pitaban kits.

jaydeflix   2 years 1 week ago
  • I remember way back in the day (late 80s) when a local store (think something like Building 19) sold Macross models at prices ranging from .50 to $3 (for some of the capitol ships).

All the mechs were snap together, with a screw in the middle of the back and a weird clear colored plastic dome and... a suction cup to that the whole thing would stick to a window I think?

I miss those models. Never could even figure out who made them so I could try to find any surfacing up on ebay or the like.... Those arii boxes look close tho...

jaydeflix   2 years 1 week ago
  • Protect Gear

It is really awesome. No parts of the body are uncovered.............

Admin: www.welderreview.com

svtdv26   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • You know, I just copied it right from Bluefin's site. So on one hand, it's sad that I missed it. On the other hand, it's sad that Bluefin missed it too. Thanks for the heads up.

• Barricade

Thanks! That philosophy of Vehicle mode looking better than the robot extends to my upcoming Bumblebee and slash reviews too so stay tuned!

quinncat   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • Barricade

On the money part, I'm saying no. But I think them upping prices is at least a sign that they're trying to improve the quality of the movie figures, and also not flood the shelves with them, or at least not as much as they used to.

The alt mode looks pretty good, but the robot mode does nothing for me. That's pretty much how I've always felt about the live-action films since they began, and that feeling extends to the toys.

Nice review though. You made him look as appealing as he probably can be, especially compared to that Bumblebee (super bleh).

Optimal III   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • Barricade

Yeah, honestly if you want Barricade enough I say go for it, you probably won't be disappointed!

Also, you're not being too naggy about the backdrop so don't worry. What I can tell you is I'm going to be using three different backgrounds (either this one, plain white, or plain black) in the future depending on the figure!

quinncat   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • Barricade

I don't like movie TFs at all, but Barricade is one I am tempted to get just because the toy looks great.

I don't want to be a nagger, but your pics would be much better if you took them against a wall or some other plain background. Very distracting.

djinniman37   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • Psst! Fix the headline! Thje Fig is Gypsy Danger from Pac Rim 1, not Gypsy Avenger from PR2. The Gypsy Avenger fig is a Robot Damashii.

faelon   2 years 2 weeks ago
  • Barricade

What do you guys think? Is Barricade worth the money, is he not? Is he even a good figure in your eyes?

quinncat   2 years 2 weeks ago