• Hi,
    I did read your reviews of all the Sentai's DX toys and love them a lot. Thank you very much and keep up your good work.

ct2548   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • 12 Inch Super Robot

I just got this picture of the blue body/orange limb 12" Super Robot that I suspected was out there. Well, now that I'm sure it exists, I gotta find one for myself!

[g2:71289 size=480]

Nekrodave   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • I've been telling Mattel the same thing. Unfortunately lines are planned out long before they talk to me. It was confirmed that there will be Kitara among the new 18 figures, but no word on Toph or Azula. I'm sure we will see an Iroh figure. Best we as fans can do is make our opinions heard to mattel. You can send an email to Mattel Customer service to voice your concern but other than that, vote with your wallet. If Kitara sells well maybe they will see the error of their ways.

Josh

• Hey, new to this so bear with me... I am a Mom that has been confused as to why there are no female characters marketed?! My baby is a 6 year old boy who has been bustin my chops to get him the "girls" but I cannot get him something they don't make! Is it really true that they are finally releasing Kitara??!! what about Azula & Toff is it [the blind earthbending master]??!! I don't understand what they are thinking?! I know PLENTY of little girls who love the show & feel slighted & Actually my son is more pissed than they are! He's the type of kid that wants the WHOLE series... no matter if its a boy/girl, animal character... whatever!! They really are underestimating our children!! that just because it may be more popular with boys that the female ones wouldn't sell... just STUPID!! & also what about Uncle Iroh?? he's been a main character from the beginning!! They make King Bumi & Jet but not him??!! I don't know who is marketing this stuff but they definitely need to get a clue!!
    ~Jason's Mom~

webbmomstaxi   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • .
    O.o?
    Is anyone actually, like, reading my reviews? What 'choo think o' them? What about what I'm reviewing- am I getting them right? What do I miss?
    ^_^;

• Oh- that's just funny! There's a whole stack of Deluxe Manticore Megazords bigger than that at TRUs near where I live...
    Hee hee hee hee... ^_^

• I don't know, it doesn't look to me like kids are going crazy for the Jumbo Rangers....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nekrodave   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

RE: your backgrounds - you can use an iron to iron out the wrinkles, and a lint brush to get rid of debris.

This looks great, BTW.

• Grendizer

Thanks, brotha!!

Hmmm...I wonder if we'll ever see a review of Wave's SDF-1 Macross any time soon... ;)

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

It's bangin'! Definitely come by and check it out!

And, yes, I'm praying they do more FLOSRs in the Daigokin format. There are SO many amazing sculpts in that line (the Getter G's, Danguard A, etc.). I'll leave the Daigokin Gaiking to you! I'm happy with my yellow-belly custom (which I should review soon!).

You're correct: this is the first use of the new studio. Pretty nice, but not sure how I feel about the artsy backdrops (it came with blue, red, black, and white). Nekrodave said that draped look reminds him of a yearbook photo! HA!!

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

That's a bummer about your paint issues. But now that ya mention it, if you take a look at the "articulated.jpg" right under my paragraph about the toy's articulation, you can see a very subtle dark grey spot on the right thigh just to the side of the purple knee. As far as I can tell, that's the only paint flaw on mine. Sucks that you got a lemon...hopefully, that's a fluke and others won't have such issues...

I don't have the predecessors, but I've heard from some people that they've had red paint bubbling/chipping on the pilders. Hmmm...

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

Those outdoor shots are fantastic!! Great review as well. Nice Job.

Atom (not verified)   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

Alright... I was hesitant when you told me you where purchasing this Sanjeev. However, after seeing the pics you took and reading the review I gotta say I'm impressed. If a toy could ever "look" heavy, that one certainly does. The colors certainly pop and the figure definitely looks fierce!

Now "IF" they where to ever make.....say..... a Gaiking in the same style... you KNOW I'd be all over it.

P.S. Appears the new studio works well, I assume Grendizer was the 1st official test subject

Dennis B.   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Getter Liger

Ok, thanks very much for the information! I really appreciate it. I've edited and corrected that part of the review.

Nekrodave   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Getter Liger

Yep, I have both, maybe no one actually tried it, they do look almost exactly the same.

Tekn0hazrd   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Hey guys this is my first post here. I did a search for Mr. Bigs Toystore. One reason is as described the memories it brought. I grew up seeing the commercial on TV during force 5 and other shows. The other thing is this was the "Magical" Toystore that till it was gone I really did not realize what type of place it was. First off let me say this if anyone still is reading this has info or knows anything about Mr. Big I ask you to email me Evost7@aol.com. Would love to make a tribute page to this store. As it had a national reputation.
    Like I said I live in Waltham. I rode my bike past this store when I was a teen. I would go in for my Voltron, Transformers, Robotech, Starblazers, G.I.Joe toys. Many times to window shop. As the prices were a few dollars more than the regular outlets. But did carry stuff you never could find. Star Wars stuff also. I remember the store set up. It was like a 5 and dime type of store where it was dusty and kept as a minimal operating level. The toys were displayed in glass cases and alot of carded figures were on pegboards. The toys ranged in there from the 50-60 and many items look like they were on the shelf from that era. the price tage were square orange ones. Many things were there that I wish I could write here and say but I get lost in the nostalgia. I remeber the set up of the store. The window case in the front was a big display of I think playschool action sets. The owners. The man Aurther Sandberg and his wife. This asian guy and one other person. If you were alone you would be followed around to close. But if with parents they would tell you the world about anything they had. Eventually they did get to know me and my purchasing habits. They were kind and had many things not sold anywhere. Still have daydreams about the store. Such a wonderful place. It is now a furnature store.I do know they moved to Fla and retired and not sure if they are still alive butthey sold the store to some people that did not run it like they ran it. This was soon after it closed. Really sad. and this basement room?? never been there?? what was in it??
    There is hope another store in Waltham carries on a great tradition like Mr. Bigs. The Outer Limits in Waltham a few stores up is a great place and in a small way you get the same feel walking in there.
    Like I said would love to talk to people about Mr. Bigs and see if we could get something together to pay homage to the place. Again would love to hear from you guys about this Evost7@aol.com

Z28 Autobot   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

I too purchased this awesome Super Robot to complete my "solid diecast collection" of Go Nagai's Mazinger family. However, I feel that for the money it is selling for, Marmit would put a little more attention to detail in the finished product. For example, my Dai Gokin Grendizer has a couple of spots of "purple" paint on the inner thighs and the "crotch" area. Also, the black paint where the horns meet the head is chipping off. But the thing that really dissapointed me was the 1/2 inch scratch it came with (front - left shoulder). I thought it would be a lot better finished than it's predecesors, Great Mazinger and Mazinger Z, but the quality is actually not even close.

I was also hoping it would be taller...

}D

The Mazinger Z   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Getter Liger

Are you sure about that? Do you have both? I don't have the ZZ-6 (couldn't care less about the accessories), but every collector I've spoken to in the past said it was the same thing.

Nekrodave   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Getter Liger

I don't think the Liger missiles are compatible with the ZZ-6 they look similar but the ZZ-6 missiles are bigger.

Tekn0hazrd   14 years 47 weeks ago
  • Well, I just asked my almost 8 year old nephew about this. He watches the show and knows the characters. I asked him if he'd be interested in figures of the females from Avatar and he said basically "It doesn't matter. As long they have cool powers!"

Nekrodave   14 years 48 weeks ago
  • NYTF07: Toynami

The Masterpiece Cyclone looks like a must-buy for me. I always wanted one when I was a kid but passed on it because the Matchbox version was non-transformable. About how tall is it in armor mode? Does anyone know?

iron maniac   14 years 48 weeks ago
  • NYTF07: Toynami

When we passed along a message from a fellow collector that “He would buy two at $200”, George said that would most likely be around that price point.

As for size, it is almost twice as tall as an Alpha.

Atom (not verified)   14 years 49 weeks ago
  • NYTF07: Toynami

Wow! That blue-&-white Beta Fighter looks awesome! How tall is it in robot mode? If that Alpha Fighter is $100 (I don't like that purple-on-black livery, BTW), dare I wonder what the Beta Fighter will cost...? If it's just over $100, I think I'd go for it. (I need something to rival my blocky $110 DX DaiVoayger, hee hee hee...)

• Hey these Star Wars TFs are starting to look like Transformers!

Rob Braun   14 years 49 weeks ago
  • Well the same thing happens with other lines.

With Transformers Energon Hasbro gave us the first Open face Prime since Primal and then they shifted gears half way through and gave us a closed face Prime like the Japanese version, but thats just a head on an already scale mold. And then Cybertron we got the 'giant' Starscream who had just as much (if that) detail as its much smaller, sharper form. And like this Megazord, The gigantic version only loses some of the detail and can't get out of its own way.

I think Bandai has no choice but to just do what they can with what they've done concerning the Megazord. they made the mold, now they've got no choice but to use it, scrapping it now would only hurt them. a Recall won't work because of the ones already sold, and the whole process of changing out for the imported version would only set the series' launch back. For what we know they made the US version more kid friendly but not collector friendly. Yeah the size makes it more appealing, but it loses the detail value seen with smaller molds. During the Mystic Force line they skipped out on the Wolf Knight Megazord and instead gave us the Megazord that only got a limited release in Japan, it makes for some nice US-Exclusive, but the Completists have to import. I think Operation Overdrive is one of those times where Bandai america wants to distinguish itself from Bandai Japan by having its own molds to run with. The whole scale up idea works with Jumbos but it hurts (See Starscream).
    Now the whole figure thing has always been out of hand. I don't ever remember seeing any 'evil Ranger' toys with more than three to five points of articulation compared to all the ranger figures with more than the standard full body articulation. Now with sculpters taking a more comic book aesthetic approach, Rangers are getting rippled abs, busting biceps, and overly defined crotches. With the increase in quality, Bandai's got no choice but to rely on remolding the same bodies for every figure. Jakks Pacific has gotten by with the same process with their WWE figures even when they don't match up. Best example I know is Tazz (former ECW heavyweight, shaped like a bowling ball in real life) is molded on the exact same body used to make Vince McMahon (tall, heavy chested, broad shoulders).

Btw, Eva. You REALLY know your Sentai toys.

Bandai's been on thin Ice with me since the whole Gundam disaster (I think its safe to call it that). It hurt me, I mean hiking prices of the kits for box size, 80$ for the GP-02 locally compared to 45$ with shipping via importer. The change from 'domestic striping' to the ugly box jobs on some of the SEED kits, and need I say anything about the whole Battle Damaged MSIA line that ended it.

Rob Braun   14 years 49 weeks ago