• DX Wing Gundam

I recall getting this toy in a UK shop called Poundstretchers in 2003 for a bargain price of £2.99. They had five of them on the shelves. A shop worker had them all priced at £2.99 the same as the small figures. I only had some loose change with me but enought for one of them so I grabbed it.
    This was a really awesome toy. I wish they had more DX sized figures.

Mark M   32 weeks 3 days ago
  • Funny, when I looked at the photo of it carded the word "eraser" was the first thing that popped in my mind. Lo & behold, it really is made out of rubber!

Scarfang_The_Slayer   33 weeks 3 days ago
  • Voltron (Ultimates)

There is some weirdness for sure. But it does feel good in hand and looks good in person. Would be a huge plus if the articulation was a little better.

I've already got the metallic toy version, but haven't opened it up yet. We'll see how that turns out.

Optimal III   34 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltron (Ultimates)

I really want to like this. I love Super7, I love the people there, but this seems like a huge missed opportunity, especially from a company whose creation was around JAPANESE TOYS. The proportions are all off (why do the shoulders go so high above the chest?) Why are parts that are white in the animation grey? Why the Popeye forearms? Why have the discs where the lion legs retract on the legs, but not the arms? Either you lean into the animation model, or you lean into the toy model. It also seems like there are a bunch of weird mold / sculpt issues on the green lion. I would expect this out of Mattel, not Super7.

The package is nice though.

JoshB   34 weeks 5 days ago
  • Necron Warrior

Yes, the color & head remind of the ABC war robot from the first Judge Dredd movie.

Optimal III   35 weeks 5 days ago
  • Sunstreaker

Same here. I didn't even notice the color difference until you pointed it out. And while the weapon doesn't fit perfectly in his hand, everything else on mine is tight, including all the wheels. I think you got a...lemon.

NekroDave   36 weeks 4 days ago
  • Sunstreaker

Maybe with Sunstreaker, they didn't feel the need to capture his classic look as much as some of the other WFC toys have.

Can't tell if I got lucky or am just blessed with less than perfect vision, but the difference in shades doesn't look as noticeable on mine.

Optimal III   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • Warpath

Haven't opened mine yet, but happy to have one that's better scaled than what we've had before.

Optimal III   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • At least it looks cool, in and out the box. Would be awesome if someone made a modern, non-crappy version.

Optimal III   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • Mighty Taka-Kanaka

I remember having this too, the companion piece for the Kokai-Mun (the Iron Gear). The articulation was not usable, as it only was focused on making the transformation. For the Iron Gear, at least the arms were posable.

mikespiegel   37 weeks 3 days ago
  • Bat-L

Gah! my brain! I'll fix it, thanks!

JoshB   39 weeks 3 days ago
  • Bat-L

I had this when I was about 15 years old and enjoyed playing with it very much. It's design and transformation were great, I didn't know at the time which series it was from. Wish I could find a new one at a good price.

Sadly, mine came with 2 RIGHT HANDS!

*LEFT

All the versions had two left hands, never seen one with a right hand.

mikespiegel   39 weeks 3 days ago
  • Bat-L

Seeing these pictures, I think I actually had this as a kid! I watched Xabungle last year, and it didn't click. But seeing it in red and yellow, with those firing feet missiles, I remember it now! Thanks so much for that.

djinniman37   39 weeks 4 days ago
  • S.P.D. Shadow Ranger

The problem for this guy is the availability. I'm lucky to find one in physical stores or I can pay extra online, which I won't do. Hasbro's distribution hasn't improved, unfortunately.

makaikishi   41 weeks 6 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus
    LOL

You seem to always whine on the past toy reviews. Are you always this whiny?

makaikishi   41 weeks 6 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

" I could almost accept him missing most of his hallmarks if he was an all-new toy. But he's not! He's like 75% Metroplex!"
    *facepalms super-hard*

I shouldn't have to explain what's wrong with that statement, but I obviously do.

He's missing several of his hallmarks precisely because he's 75% Metroplex instead of an all-new toy. Fortress Maximus' base mode features are, by and large, things that Metroplex did not have. Since this Fortress Maximus was made by retooling Metroplex, he doesn't have them either.

You might then ask, why make him from Metroplex in the first place? Well, the answer to that is cautious investment. Hasbro at the time could not be sure if people would actually buy Titan-class citybots other than Metroplex, so they played it safe by doing Fort Max as a Metroplex retool so that they wouldn't lose too much money if he flopped. In hindsight, it would have been nice if they'd at least invested in new lower legs that ratcheted sideways below the knee; that alone would bring him much closer to G1 Fort Max.

I'd still say the compromises were worth it in the long term, even if they make TR Fort Max less awesome than he could be. Because TR Fort Max proved a commercial success, and that paved the way for Trypticon and Scorponok, both of whom are brand-new molds that do retain several features.

As for the accessory count, well... That's because most of a Transformers' price comes down to piece count and plastic mass. In the case of the Titans, most of that mass goes into the actual main robot body (or bodies, in the case of the 2 combiners) so that it's actually as big as it needs to be. That leaves less for weapons. If you'll recall, the retail version of T30 Metroplex only had one rifle.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   42 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Scorponok

I can see multiple things that pass as buildings in the base mode: Scorponok's arms with the silver pieces covering the claws; they're towers with the ridged sections acting as sci-fi windows.

The central tower made by the shield is another building. Even has grooves in it to be windows!

The rifle and rifle guard also have grooves in them that are supposed to be windows.

It is better thought of as a base than a "city" tho. It definitely works as a base, with those buildings and the gun emplacements and the repair stations and the missile batteries in Scorponok's legs.

Fasttrack would look better with some detail paint.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   42 weeks 1 day ago
  • So, this figure was a thing. It existed. It was somewhat desirable, particularly after Titans Return Fortress Maximus came out to match it in articulation.

And then Earthrise Scorponok happened.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   42 weeks 1 day ago
  • DX Jitabata Mechatan

Glad you liked it, and thanks for reading!

JoshB   42 weeks 4 days ago
  • DX Jitabata Mechatan

But seeing the characters, brings a certain deja vu feeling. But that toy is awesome! It reminds me a little of super robo galatt. Gland you shared this with us. :)

BraveMSW   43 weeks 10 hours ago
  • Gundam X

Over the years I have seen several KO Gundams in Easter baskets sold at places like K-Mart (now defunct unfortunately). Occasionally I may see one or two at the local Dollar Store.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   49 weeks 3 days ago
  • Solbraver

The triangle-shaped gun that unfolds into a bladed weapon is the Cerberus-Delta (named Kerberos-Delta) and Bothwinder is basically a gun that shoots ropes and special ammunition.

I'm kinda pissed that Bandai already gave up on making figures for the Metal Heroes side of S.H. Figuarts when they already have prototypes of Metalder and Janperson on display in a previous toy fair.

makaikishi   50 weeks 1 day ago
  • Godzilla (1962)

Sadly already sold out and being marked up into...not worth it price so i am out...

AJProDie-Cast   1 year 5 weeks ago
  • Ratchet

I can attest to the fact that Ratchet was a lot of fun if you had the Diaclone pilots. On the Christmas of 85' my mother had given me a Diakron Multi-force 14 along with a couple of G1 toys (of Diaclone origin). It didn't take long for me to put those little dudes into the G1 vehicle cockpits. At that point I didn't play with the toys as Transformers, but instead pretended that they were mecha....as nature intended!

Goldenage   1 year 5 weeks ago
  • Wish I'd never sold mine, it really is awesome in hand.

north-exit   1 year 8 weeks ago