• Megazord

Yeah, for the full price when it's all said and done after sales tax, they really should've just put all 5 of these in a single box for like $45-50.

netkid   41 weeks 1 day ago
  • Roadblock

This is a line where I absolutely refuse to use scalpers. I refuse them in general anyways, but especially with a line like this that should be easy to get.

I really hope Hasbro gets it together.

Optimal III   41 weeks 4 days ago
  • Megazord

The almost simplistic transformation, lack of detailing and the toy feels it's a few steps away from being a Happy Meal toy reeks of a kid's toy. Plus, kids won't even recognize this Megazord at all. Factor in the price and availability - good luck on that.

I don't know anymore what's worse - the Beast Morphers Zords or this one.

makaikishi   41 weeks 4 days ago
  • Roadblock

"The toys are next to impossible to find anywhere." Except if you're shopping online and if you're willing to spend more.

I'm new to the G.I. Joe Classified toyline (I just got Duke today online) and I was warned by another toy collector that finding these figures at retail will be hard due to the crappy distribution of Hasbro. Not helping the fact that online prices for these are going to go up in the future. Which means that fans of the G.I. Joe toyline will be pissed and might be discouraged to pick these up in the long run.

This series has so much potential yet the crappy distribution and scalping will kill it. Then again, the Star Wars Black Series survived despite a rocky start.

makaikishi   41 weeks 5 days ago
  • Megazord

Without knees, all that hip and thigh articulation is pretty much useless. Damn Hasbro, I am disappoint.
    Either this is it, or they have a more expensive, better one planned for fans, and this one is just simplified for kids.
    Here's hopin'.

netkid   42 weeks 2 days ago
  • Megazord

I remember thinking "WTF" when I watched the Toys that Made Us episode about Power Rangers. How Haim Saban has made all these mega money making decisions throughout the brands history.......only to take the brand license from Bandai America, who was devoted to it, and hand it off to Hasbro, who's never going to put their best foot forward with it.

Yes, they make money if Power Rangers does well, but it'll never line their pockets like Transformers, Nerf, or any of their other creations will. The Megazord's head looks nice, but this otherwise looked like crud from day one.

Does not inspire hope for the Thunder Megazord.

Optimal III   42 weeks 2 days ago
  • Oof

What is up with those monstrous kneecaps? They're like twice as big as they should be.

ArshadAA   43 weeks 2 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

I'd rather Takara makes him a Generations Selects. The Masterpieces have had so many quality control issues that I avoid them like the plague. Just look at the horror shows that are Masterpiece Bayverse Optimus, G1 Hound, or Beast Wars Megatron.

netkid   43 weeks 2 days ago
  • Our first experience with this line was NOT good. We bought the RX-78 from wave 1 and it's red shield was crushed. That's right, it had damage to the red plastic shield from being crushed before it was placed into it's clear tray, packaged, and shipped off to stores. You couldn't see the shield damage from where it was positioned in the packaging. Only after opening the toy would you see it. We ended up having to buy a replacement for a good shield. We'll probably take the defective one and customize it with added battle-damage to replicate the famous "last shooting" pose.

netkid   43 weeks 2 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

The cartoon is horrible, and the comics are good, but the toys are where it's at. I have every figure from the first three waves, and some of the fourth. It's cool that the electronics let the trailer transform into its part of the combined mode alone.

Will be curious to see if Takara ever goes forward with the new version. Last news byte was that they weren't sure if they wanted to do him as a Generations Selects release or go ahead and make a Masterpiece figure. I'd be happy with both.

Optimal III   43 weeks 4 days ago
  • Raideen

This Raideen figure seems to be based on this Bandai model kit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3UfNcE8pc ). The Korean figure has been modified to have screws, but retains all of the quirks of the original (knee joint shape, face cover, fixed arms, etc.).

Combat_Armor_Dougram   45 weeks 5 days ago
  • Tron / Soldier

Pretty sure the paint omission on the hip joints is on every single one of that Kingdom Hearts Tron figure released. I too noticed that on every one I looked at when I was looking over the figure at Gamestop last year. Reason for it may be that the plastic used for the hip joint is unpaintable. Transformers toys encounter this problem sometimes when they need to use a specific type of durable plastic for an area of a toy that will experience stress and need to be somewhat flexible:

netkid   45 weeks 6 days ago
  • It's another original Bandai gacha line, 1987's Money Warrior Coindaman (コインダマン) https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoJa.html?index=612693

SpaceRunaway   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • I suspect that the vending machine robot is also an old Bandai gachapon just based on all the other figures being Bandai or Bandai KO's but I haven't been able to find anything.

Edit: I guess the famicom cartridges aren't, and I think that Acguy is one of the Clover ones, but it's like 99%

SpaceRunaway   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Thanks! I actually have an entire set of them coming (KO of course!) that I will be reviewing soon.

JoshB   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • The DBZ guy is Zarbon, btw

SpaceRunaway   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • The camera and it's brethren come from a line of Bandai gashapon c. 1982 called High Performance Camera Robo Great Photress/グレートフォトラス (It's a pun). You can see the 110 further down in this thread

SpaceRunaway   46 weeks 3 days ago
  • Super Dun Robo

Yep very super sentai proportions. The chest somewhat looks a bit like G1 Bruticus but I may be reaching though.

kurochan_24   48 weeks 3 days ago
  • MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom

God, almost 10 years and Bandai still hasn't made an Ez-8 Robot Spirits to pit against this thing.

netkid   49 weeks 22 hours ago
  • I have the original Endoskeleton from NECA and the paint apps looked better than the figure that was reviewed. Breakages from NECA are unfortunately common up to now and it's this reason why I stopped buying their toys after 2017.

makaikishi   1 year 5 days ago
  • I agree this is probably a knockoff, but at the time, without a comparison, we did not know. But to be fair " the sloppy paint apps, the poorly-made gun and not to mention the fact that the toy breaks easily." - this was pretty much NECA at the time.

JoshB   1 year 5 days ago
  • Just one look at this toy and I can already tell that this NECA Endoskeleton is a knockoff - the sloppy paint apps, the poorly-made gun and not to mention the fact that the toy breaks easily. Granted, NECA's QC is a hit-or-miss but it's sad that there are many NECA bootlegs out there.

makaikishi   1 year 6 days ago
  • Ideon

Thanks.

I also found in fellow CDX member Chachipower's video review that he shows what breaks on the arms at 9:25 in.

netkid   1 year 6 days ago
  • "The Terminator Endoskeleton provided for review by Gearbest.com. Click on the link to get your Endoskeleton!"

Well there's your problem. Gearbest sells Knockoff/Counterfeit items. NEVER trust products from there. It's all fake garbage. Sorry bud, but you reviewed a knockoff.

I own a LEGIT Neca Terminator Endoskeleton and it is FAR SUPERIOR to the trash shown in this review. I'll gladly do a review of the real toy for the site to set things straight here. It's a wonderful piece and doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud by your accidental misrepresentation.

I got nothing against CDX reviewing Knockoff/Counterfeit toys for the site AS LONG AS they are pointed out as such. There are loads of great vintage super robot knockoffs on the site that definitely deserve their moment in the sun. They have helped turn CDX into a tremendous resource for vintage and obscure knockoffs that otherwise may be forgotten to ignorance and time. That said, they are always noted as such and so should your knockoff toy review.

netkid   1 year 6 days ago
  • Ideon

Ideon's arms are attached to the head section using two pinned rotational joints per arm. The joint closer to the head seems to be durable enough, but the joint further from the head is rather fragile. Since the side of the joint where the pin enters(the back of the joint) is rather thin, it can break easily (or even spontaneously). I am not sure if this is caused by the pin being too large for the hole or another factor. If a small fracture appears in the joint, it will become loose, but if too much of the joint breaks off, the arm may fall off. I bought a sealed figure roughly three years ago, and it either was broken in the box or broke after being transformed. Since the figure can still be transformed if small fractures are present, it may be better to purchase a used figure with known damage than taking a gamble on a sealed one. However, posabilty may suffer since the arms are looser.

Combat_Armor_Dougram   1 year 1 week ago