• Wow, that looks good. Maybe a little Aquarion-like (it's almost guaranteed to be top-heavy) but it's great to see the design revisited.

I have the transforming Yutaka version, but I haven't taken it out in years.

Inverarity   1 year 24 weeks ago
  • Krok

Yeah, I'm really Glad this figure got made

quinncat   1 year 25 weeks ago
  • Krok

Haven't handled any version of this figure yet, but he does look pretty cool. If this is how we get the first new Krok figure in almost 30 years, so be it. Definitely a boon to IDW fans since he's been a featured character over the past few years.

Optimal III   1 year 26 weeks ago
  • Krok

Yeah, ok? Sorry but that was my point! if someone likes the aesthetics of one over the other that means they think it's "better"

quinncat   1 year 26 weeks ago
  • Krok

They are the exact same figure except for the head and paint scheme. I wouldn't buy one hoping for an improvement on the other. If you're trying to decide between one or the other, the decision should come down entirely to which one you think looks better.

Heavyarms   1 year 26 weeks ago
  • Krok

What do you people think about this Krok figure? Do you think it's any better than skullsmasher?

quinncat   1 year 26 weeks ago
  • Jet Scrander

I love how the transparent flame element with the flicker gimmick complements the Popyness of the Hover Pilder from TS:001. The whole thing just looks timeless. Can't wait for their next release in the Toysmen Series! :D

TheJud   1 year 27 weeks ago
  • Mazinger Z

Just got these 2 pieces in. Wow!!!!! Obaa Pairuda ON! HASHIN!!

P.S. Alan Lau is a world-class fellow enthusuast, and is a real pleasure to get to know. He's best in the business, and will treat you like a genuine friend. He ships with the best careful, thorough packaging. Definitely looking to do further business with :) I'm just blown away, and very, very pleased with his service.

TheJud   1 year 27 weeks ago
  • Alien Metron

This figure is best complemented by S.H. Figarts Dan Moroboshi. I have them sitting across each other smoking cig

slee915   1 year 27 weeks ago
  • Agreed! AWESOME figure! Definitely one of my top favorite Figuarts.

Alexx   1 year 27 weeks ago
  • Mazinger Z

Hey NecroDave! I know I'm late to the party. I recently completed my Godaikin/SOC collecting with Golion. Now my focus is SWJMs thanks to your reviews and YT videos. So, I just read this article, and contacted Alan regarding the Maize Mazinger Z and Jet Scrander just in the very remote chance that anything might be available. And they both still were! So I'm happily waiting for this and the Jet Scrander to come in! Thank you for sharing the contact information. This is a great community. All My Best.

TheJud   1 year 27 weeks ago
  • Darkwing Duck

And unlike the original, he can actually hold his gun!

Tetsuryu   1 year 28 weeks ago
  • Kup

As far as deluxe figures go, I think Kup is still the best Titans Return has to offer. He's well designed, a more faithful/better update than any other official Kup figure so far, and his deco is a great throwback to the original toy & Marvel comics version.

Perhaps best of all, this lead Takara to drastically retool their version. They're so different that it's actually worth having both.

Optimal III   1 year 28 weeks ago
  • Casshern & Friender

OOOOOH GIRL. This looks really nice. I've been reading Infini-T Force lately, and I'm itching to grab one of these guys.

Jmann   1 year 29 weeks ago
  • Dark Voltron

I'm not surprised by this one. I'm glad I don't support those liars by buying their unlicensed crap.

makaikishi   1 year 30 weeks ago
  • Topspin

He's definitely a fun figure and goes well with Twin Twist.

re: photographing that silver plastic, try rigging up a light diffuser between you and the subject, it will soften that glare and bring out the details. Also be sure your camera is on it's macro setting if it has one.

Heavyarms   1 year 30 weeks ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Monster Hunter Raph dies a little every time you call him "Ralph" so that's how he became a vampire.

Heavyarms   1 year 30 weeks ago
  • Topspin

Far as Titans Returns deluxe-class figures go, he's pretty solid. He looks like a faithful update to the G1 figure, has above average articulation, and isn't visibly riddled with hollow plastic. I won't say we can't ask for more, but it's better than expected.

Optimal III   1 year 30 weeks ago
  • Topspin

Thoughts in this figure? Is it as good as people say?

quinncat   1 year 30 weeks ago
  • Dark Voltron

Huh I don’t care about the licensing, If it’s good it’s bought.

TattooedRobot   1 year 31 weeks ago
  • Dark Voltron

Danger Wil Robinson Danger!! Just because the unscrupulous Chinese Manufacturer says it's now officially licensed all hunky dory doesn't in fact mean it is. Icarus is lying to you. They do that a lot. In fact pretty much everything they have ever said about this robot has been questionable at best. But don't take my word for it. Ask WEP. They are very responsive to questions about this particular robot toy. (BBTS pulled the preorders after about a day when they discovered Icarus was lying to them about the licensing.)

faelon   1 year 31 weeks ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That too! I could almost accept him missing most of his hallmarks if he was an all-new toy. But he's not! He's like 75% Metroplex!

The only new pieces here are Cerebros & Emissary, the guns on his legs, and his upper body. Everything else is just repainted and/or rearranged body parts.

Optimal III   1 year 31 weeks ago
  • Fortress Maximus

Yeah this could've had features like the elevator or the prison for the Titan Masters, but it doesn't really have any "city" based gimmicks like that

quinncat   1 year 31 weeks ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I paid around 80 for this during black friday and was so let down by it I ended up just buying an encore fort max and brave max. It's a very lazy release and doesn't live up to the name. Without both guns, arm and hip cannons, and gasket and grommet, its just missing all the iconic elements that make him fort max. This was a huge disappointment to me.

siningy   1 year 31 weeks ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I get what you mean! The sound effects are stock and lazy! Honestly if I paid $150 for this, I wouldn't!!

Also, that point you made about Cerebros's face sculpt is pretty insightful. Aren't hasbro Titan returns figures generally based on the toys anyway?

quinncat   1 year 31 weeks ago